Mobile stable recommendations

Akkalia1

Visit site
As title says really. Who has a mobile stable unit and what make is it? I may be renting a field in the near future and would need a stable unit and store in case my horse needed to be in for an abscess or such like or, as she is TB, in severe weather.

It MUST be able to withstand high winds, it's quite exposed where we are and I've heard they're bad for turning into kites! When the wind blows here it really blows. Read somewhere you could drive stakes at each corner and bolt the stable block to them if necessary. Anyone done this?

Thanks!

Grinch

Visit site
I am having delivered 24/12 stables on Sat from this guy he makes them - Very helpful and good value -- Christian 07595500211 (if you call drop my name Jo/Oxford) :) Good luck

Potato!

Visit site
Make sure the one you get is robust enough: apparently my trad-lad (in a previous home:)) levelled a portable stable. There it was, there he was, fancied itching his bum, and thought hey here's just the thing! Result: pile of sticks very quickly!!! :) So just make sure yours is a good strong make!!

Is That Banjo? If so he did that with a stone wall too when with Rosemary :D

iconique

Visit site
WWW.SHEDSANDSTABLESDIRECT.COM based in Cheshire (can also find on ebay), really reasonable and they delivered to me in Essex and put up - don't bother doing yourself! They keep horses themselves and the only ones that actually have 4 sides on the skids (I went for metal) - most only have 2 which causes flex on moving or in winds (our 2nd stable does :-( ). Having 2 mobile stables, their one is far superior, have had this one over a year now and large 16.3 decides to use back wall as rubbing post - its survived!

Angus' yard

Visit site
We used prime stables for our mobile stables, tack room and barn, and will be ordering more. They are a really beautiful construction, very robust, kick boards are sturdy etc. pm me if you would like more info.

Akkalia1

Visit site
Thanks very much for those. Really like the look of shedsandstables although being in scotland not sure they'll deliver up here and install.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Akkalia I would really recommend contacting Saltire stables based in Fife, they built our min barn of 4 stables and last summer did a 24x12 mobile double stable/field shelter. The reason I'm recommending is that we are VERY exposed which is why I hadn't dared to put up a shelter before, but Saltire do an option of having a row of hit and miss slats about a foot tall on the top of the back wall. This means (assuming the back is to the prevailing wind) that a lot of the wind strength is taken out as it can filter through these slats. However they are high up and it is still very sheltered inside and they don't really let the weather in on ours which surprised me. We also went for upgraded framing on the shelter and boarded full height with OSB. All of these add to the weight and structural strength.

Definitely have a look and consider, I haven't found other companies who offer this design and it makes a huge difference to the chances of damage in high winds. (They do the normal type as well for sheltered places)

Hope this helps, will try to post a photo later as it's hard to describe what it looks like. The horses love it, wish I'd put it up sooner, it's already survived 70+mph NW and SW gales this winter! nothing is guaranteed with our weather but it's pretty impressive so far!