mobile stables

immybrookstud

Visit site
has any one got any experince with mobile stables/companies? how did you find them, an are they strong enough for small stallion?

we will need quite a few does anyone know if you can get larger blocks than 2 stables?

also how do you cope without a proper floor, or is it ok with rubber matting down?

lots of questions sorry

kate081

Visit site
I have 2 twos. They are lovely!
smile.gif
I use rubber matting & they've been fine. I think if they were any bigger you'd not be able to move them. Mine were from County Equestrian Buildings in Staffordshire (not local to me at all!)

Racing_Gal

Visit site
I have a block of 2, we have never moved them, we had this type for planning permission reasons (you dont kneed PP for protable stables) as we had had a application for normal stables refused. I wouldnt say there really portable, I would risk moving them incase it damaged them. There just like normal wooden stables, there very strong, I have a mare who hates been stabled, she's kicked and kicked the walls and in perticular the door and they havent got a hole or crack to show for it! Ours sit on a steel frame which in theory can be draged by a tractor. We have a field shelter on wheels for the same reason, the only problem we've had with that was went the wind got under it and tipped it on its roof! My dad pulled it the right way up with 2 tractors and fixed a roof plannel, now its as good as new, its a tough old thing!! The field shelter has been moved a number of times and we've not had any problems with it. In the stables I just have used the liquid rubber matting that you pour on and let it set, cost quite allot but well worth it

pottamus

Visit site
I have a double one...one for my horse and one for his hay! I got mine from Lloyds Acre stables who come and put it up for you in a morning and are great to deal with.
The stables are as well made and strong as any other stable as they are the same thing, just on skids rather than brick course and concrete.
I have had mine for 3 years now and it has paid itself back in stable rent costs. Mine withstands a lot of strong wind in winter and my horse using it as a scratching post!
I positioned mine somewhere flat and put rubber mats down, which have also lasted well. I would recommend that you also purchase and fit the rubber roll of strip that can be tacked to the inside of the stable to butt up to the rubber mats. This keeps out all drafts and bedding in!
I have a bed of shavings on mine as my horse uses it every night to sleep in - even though he is out 24/7! The mats sometimes ride up a bit but it is no trouble to scoop out the bedding and lay it down flat again.

_daisy_

Visit site
i have 2 sets of 2 12x12 (12 x 24) stables. I got mine from Redmire last year. I have rubber matting put on the grass and it works great. They are really strong and have put up with some battering form 2 of my horses only coming of with a bit of damage where she kicked the wall abnd put a small dent in the wood (only superficial as the wood can easily be replaced and its only the inside so no damage to the outer.
We paid for ours to have metal box section skids rather than the wooden ones as were advised these would last lots longer. They are easily towable round the field by either a 4x4 or tractor.
I think the biggest you can get is doubles (so 12x24) due to the ease of moving them around but you could get around tat by just positioning them next to each other in one long line?

BackInBlack

Visit site
my thoroughbred gelding(16.1) is currently kicking his portable stable and it seems to be holding out quite well! he has got to have box rest for the 1st time since i have owned him.
we have owned them for a year and we have moved them and they are fine.
i also have rubber matting down on top of some compacted stone .

sophie

us.f1.yahoofs.com
I too am looking into mobile stables and have just posted a message about flooring so I read your replies with interest.

We are based in East Sussex but the companies I have come across do of course travel.

Levade Systems (got a website) - great value, went to see them - impressed
Chart Stables - haven't seen them but looked at brochure
Prime Stables - very good, went to see them - but have come out more expensive than others

Because mobile stables are not 'tied' down they are actually made with a stronger plywood than static stables so yes I think a mobile stable would stand up to your stallion.

I too am looking at putting rubber mats down on top of grass - would be very interested if anyone who has done this has found the mats pressing downwards or shifting when their horse walks on it? I would like to put a shavings bed down as my horse does like to snooze!