Modern pentathlon

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think it’s time for this sport to remove the jumping from the test .
It was very very uncomfortable viewing .
At the very least the selection criteria for the horses chosen to form the pool needs to be looked and adjusted to ensure what happened yesterday does not happen again .

ETA just saw thread in TR sorry everyone

mini_b

Visit site
It was dreadful.
I agree the SJ section should be banned completely or if they insist on continuing with the equine element then a prix caprilli or a dressage test.

catkin

Visit site
Absolutely agree.

I'd rather see the equine phase replaced with something else not involving horses as even a dressage test would need to have a pool of horses and there is always going to be a partnership that doesn't click.
There must be something to replace it with - what about mountain bikes and some sort of orienteering for example.

Mule

Visit site
Would the dressage of the less capable riders be any better than their showjumping though? The dressage level would have to be advanced enough to test the better riders.

Dressage had a bad image for a while, would it becoming part of the modern pentathlon risk reviving that? I can envision blue tongues galore in modern pentathlon dressage ?

Wheels

Visit site
Would the dressage of the less capable riders be any better than their showjumping though? The dressage level would have to be advanced enough to test the better riders.

Dressage had a bad image for a while, would it becoming part of the modern pentathlon risk reviving that? I can envision blue tongues galore in modern pentathlon dressage ?

Good point - perhaps something like le trec or horse agility or maybe just grooming lol