MoJo Wristbands and Patches...amazed!

loopiesteff

Visit site
For those of you not familiar, here's a snippet from their website:

The Mojo wristbands we offer incorporate holographic discs, which in certain cases may increase core strength, stamina, reflexes and energy. The holograms within Mojo products are programmed with naturally occurring frequencies that complement the human energy field; many people report faster recovery speeds, greater strength and increased flexibility when wearing their Mojo wristbands.A cross-section of people, from the physically impaired to the extremely active, are now embracing the benefits of Mojo wristbands. The difference in their balance and strength before and after tests demonstrate results that are very difficult to ignore.

I stumbled across The MoJo stand at Burghley and saw them demonstrate on members of the public and honestly couldn't see how it worked. After about a good 20 minutes, I asked them to test it out on me. I was amazed at the difference in my balance, with and without a wristband. But still not being 100% convinced, and thinking it was something THEY were doing, I asked to do a balance test on a random person myself to see if they still had the same effect. And they did! My balance hasn't been great since my broke my collar bone, as I'm not 100% "level" anymore, so decided to bite the bullet and buy a wristband. They also have patches for animals, that velcro on (or stitch onto numnahs etc). My horse is balanced, but still has the odd moment where he completely stumbles almost eating the ground. He leans on the right rein (on both reins) ALL THE TIME! His medium trot is "OK", starts off well, then falls on the forehand, no matter how many half halts I do. Unfortunately they didn't have any patches left at Burghley, so ordered online when I got home.

I received my patches and have been using them on Bob in his dressage, and WOW. Difference is amazing! Right rein leaning? No more. Medium trot - amazing. General way of going, so much better! This was in agreement with my instructor yesterday who hadn't seen us on the flat for a while! I have them velcro'd to his bridle (as high up to the ears as possible, as suggested by the chaps at MoJo). I am working out a way to attach the patches to the inside of the bridle without the velcro as it's a bit unsightly.

I've also used them on my dog in flyball, and he's gone from being a 4.9 second dog, to between 4.2-4.4!

Anyone else used these? Would love to hear your stories of success, or not!

Puppy

Visit site
For those of you not familiar, here's a snippet from their website:

The Mojo wristbands we offer incorporate holographic discs, which in certain cases may increase core strength, stamina, reflexes and energy. The holograms within Mojo products are programmed with naturally occurring frequencies that complement the human energy field;

I would *love* to hear the science behind that.

many people report faster recovery speeds, greater strength and increased flexibility when wearing their Mojo wristbands.

AKA- the placebo effect!

loopiesteff

Visit site

As a scientist myself, so would I. But I can't ignore the difference I felt, my horse and dog.

I know of one eventer who's horse was a nightmare at competitions. Absolute fruit cake! Tried the patches, horse calmed right down. Left patches off at next comp, nightmare again. There must be something in it, as to what - I don't know...

Also, the clientelle of the products is vast...

Last edited:

loopiesteff

Visit site
:rolleyes: Rolls eyes. Should have gone with my first choice and not bothered with the post in the first place as knew people would comment with pointless posts. I thought maybe, just maybe people might have something interesting to say. Obviously not.

bounce

Visit site
The placebo effect is AMAZING!
Would be interested in buying your 'spacedust' though jrp204 as that sounds even better. :)

jrp204

Visit site
Sorry, but also being a scientist I like to work on evidence based results from a proper trial with placebos in place.

My space dust is VERY expensive but I can claim that since using it I will now stand a good chance of being selected for the GB gymnastics team, the GB athletics team and will also be the new face of Vogue!! At nearly 51.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think you might have been better doing a search OP, it has all been discussed before and I suspect many people have the same opinions as they did then.

Not pointless posts at all tbh- there has been no evidence that they are any different to holographic stickers you can buy for kids.... (another scientist)

Dizzle

Visit site
The thing about the placebo effect is that it actually works, the placebo effect is scientifically proven.

Little holographic discs… not so much so.

But, if you believe that they work, then they do.

Personally I shall keep my £30 in my pocket, I believe that not wasting money on sparkly bracelets will make me a better rider! :D (Ok, maybe I’ll spend it on lessons instead! :D)

HBBambee

Visit site
I am another one who would like to see the science i'm afraid. I had the 'test' done on me once, they asked me to stand one one leg and hold out my arms straight to the side of my body, they then without saying pushed down on one arm, thus unbalancing me. Then they popped on the wristband..did the same thing but this time i was ready for them to push on my arm so I was balanced (Wow say a lot of people how cool is that). But really it is just your brain and body doing it's job.

weevil

Visit site

There isn't any.
There are, however a couple of actual studies showing that they have no effect

The mean of the four mCTSIB conditions (eyes open and closed on both firm and compliant surfaces) was calculated. This mean value and condition 4 of the mCTSIB were compared between band conditions using path length (PL) and root mean square (RMS) as outcome measures. No significant differences were found between band conditions for PL (p  =  .91 and p  =  .94, respectively) and RMS (p  =  .85 and p  =  .96, respectively). VASs also showed no difference between bands (p  =  .25).

CONCLUSION:

The PBB appears to have no effect on mCTSIB or VAS measurements of balance.

A performance technology silicone wristband containing two holograms was utilised as the 'Device'. A 'placebo' performance technology silicone wristband was utilised where the two holograms were removed and replaced with two stainless steel discs to the same dimensions and weight as the Device. Each participant was randomly allocated into two different testing protocol groups: Protocol 1 (Device-baseline-placebo) and Protocol 2 (placebo-baseline-Device). One week following the initial testing, the Protocol 1 group was tested under the conditions of Protocol 2, and vice versa, so that all participants were taken through both protocols. Results indicated that there was no statistically significant mean change in balance performance brought about by either the placebo or the Device. Notably, the sample data indicated an overall decrease in balance and stability. However, these mean changes are still within the bounds of what would be expected assuming the Device had no overall effect. The findings of this study indicate that holographic technology wristbands have no effect on human balance and stability performance.

weevil

Visit site
I stumbled across The MoJo stand at Burghley and saw them demonstrate on members of the public and honestly couldn't see how it worked. After about a good 20 minutes, I asked them to test it out on me. I was amazed at the difference in my balance, with and without a wristband. But still not being 100% convinced, and thinking it was something THEY were doing, I asked to do a balance test on a random person myself to see if they still had the same effect. And they did!
Genuine question here: Did they test your balance without the wristband first, and then with? And did you do the balance test on the random person, with the wristband on first or second?

dianchi

Visit site
I think I saw that they now do Velcro fittings, as with Claire_p2001 I tried them and found no difference when ridden.
But did find my mare was more chilled out when travelling with them on her headcollar- maybe placebo, but I got them free and if it means a less stress head when traveling im happy!

weevil

Visit site
Balance test without first. Same on random person. Without first, then with.

Thought so, not a very well-designed study is it? I would be more impressed if it was the other way round when you tried the wristband on and did the balance test, not knowing what they were going to do.

Even if they just get you to balance on one leg without touching you at all, most people will show an improvement the second time, whether they are wearing a wristband or not...

loopiesteff

Visit site
I think I saw that they now do Velcro fittings, as with Claire_p2001 I tried them and found no difference when ridden.
But did find my mare was more chilled out when travelling with them on her headcollar- maybe placebo, but I got them free and if it means a less stress head when traveling im happy!

Yes I have the velcro, but it's a bit bulky...

Anything for an easier life!

nevis

Visit site
A client dragged me to the Mojo stand and Blair to get my opinion... I've 20 years in Human Therapy and 15 years in Equine... work in biomechanics, core stability and Structural Integration (whispers ... and am also a Reiki Teacher...). I've also been married to an Engineer for 20 years so not allowed to make any fluffy statements without some backup.

Anyhoo, I listened to the spiel, went through the tests... and as I've experienced kinesiology before I knew what was coming - and still couldn't do anything about it.

The double bluff I had was this springs double right fibular fracture was AOK to stand on (as I expected - my right leg being my "good" leg for balance) ... but the 43 year old left femoral fracture was solid as a rock - for the first time in 43 years. Well colour me happy...

I happened to be meeting big brother at that spot ten mins later & without any info told him to go check it out whilst I hid behind the next stall. Big brother has had 2 car wrecks over 20 years ago and has smashed every bone down his right side twice and a few on the left too. Did the tests, hey presto, with the band he could stand on his right leg, pain free, arms out to the sides ... for the first time since 1988... Now he's a plain talking, rally driving petrol head... and yes he did buy one.

I hummed and hawed and finally bought one as did 2 of my clients. Went up to check on one clients horses the following week and said I'd had the week from hell - was having to take naps during day, couldn't stay awake, felt pathetic and flu like all the time... took the band off and was back to multi tasking mach 5 the following day. And she said she'd been exactly the same!

Not sure what that says... mine will never be going on again but it's been utterly life changing for big bro.

Go figure!

Last edited:

Lolo

Visit site
Now that I'd have... :D

Yep!

There used to be a really interesting video on YT of Mojo wristbands being blind tested by the stall people. As in, they had 6 people lined up, 5 bands made to the exact same spec as the mojo band, and the testers or band-wearers were unaware of who was wearing the band. And hey presto they got it wrong every time bar 1... Can't find it now, appears to have disappeared!