Mole Valley Feed is milled by Spillers

PoniesRock

Visit site
I’ve heard this before. But from what I gathered the MV own brand is any batches that don’t meet spillers standards. Please do correct me if I’m wrong!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I’ve heard this before. But from what I gathered the MV own brand is any batches that don’t meet spillers standards. Please do correct me if I’m wrong!

Spillers would say that, wouldn't they ? ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
CFS own brand are made by Lea Oakes who make Equerry, I'm pretty sure.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
I think this must be reasonably standard. The country store I used to work for had own brand that was milled by one of the big feed companies... D&H I think. It was not the exact same product though.

Reactions: TGM

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Its NOPS stamped so has to meet a standard.
It might not be quite so specific as the top brands are in batches. Though realistically the mill will adhere to a standard in its procedures because could impact several feeds that it mills.

Melandmary

Visit site
I am sure it will be manufactured by spillers but doubt it is the same product. From experience of working in the food manufacturing industry many years ago for a well known premium range of peas, we also produced tins of lesser known brands and it was not the same pea that went in the tins but a cheaper quality. I assume it would be the same scenario. The manufacture process and packaging will be the same but not necessarily the contents ?

PoniesRock

Visit site
Its NOPS stamped so has to meet a standard.
It might not be quite so specific as the top brands are in batches. Though realistically the mill will adhere to a standard in its procedures because could impact several feeds that it mills.

That makes sense. I personally buy spillers feed for the approved by the laminitis trust stamp - I know what I’m getting in every bag then, well it feels like more of a guarantee anyway.

monte1

Visit site
I have been looking at the MVF own brand Alfalfa original as an alternative to the Simple Systems build and shine (Lucerne chop) that i have been buying, be keen to get feedback from anyone who has used it ?