Monarch saddles

eahotson

Visit site
In three to four months time the Newbie will need a new saddle.She is a broad gypsy cob.When saddle fitter was out yesterday one make she suggested was monarch.They have plenty of others.I haven't really heard about these before.Reading the general description they sound very suitable.I always have my saddles fitted by a saddle fitter.
Another option would be a black country which I could have made for her.Any comments.

ihatework

Visit site
They are part of the GFS range, a relatively good value basic leather saddle with a good range of styles. And yes, some are geared towards the wider type of horse. Seem to be reasonably available secondhand so worth a try. Black Country are superior but come with the associated price tag

eahotson

Visit site
They are part of the GFS range, a relatively good value basic leather saddle with a good range of styles. And yes, some are geared towards the wider type of horse. Seem to be reasonably available secondhand so worth a try. Black Country are superior but come with the associated price tag
Thank you.

Mamamia

Visit site
I have two Monarchs and I really like them. They are adjustable, so useful for horses which are changing shape. Definitely for the more flat backed type though!

Michen

Visit site
Be careful which type she means. The modern monarchs fit totally different to the older ones (I have a much loved 7 year old one that I can't be prised out of despite having a fancy new ideal sat unused in the tack room). The saddler put one of the new model monarchs on him and the tree shape was totally different!

Horseysheepy

Visit site
I have two, the Cob and the Jump model. They are both less than two years old.
I would certainly recommend the Cob saddle for wide horses, it also sits nicer on their back rather than giving you that perched on top feeling I found on the Kent and Masters Cob and Bates Wide (which, to be fair, were actually not that bad I just prefer a closer feeling to the back).
The Cob was purchased before the shortage of leather/workman that hit last year, so I found the leather to be a far better quality than the Jump saddle I bought Spring 2021, when poorer quality leather seemed to be used.
You do see them come up 2nd hand on eBay, but they reach £400 plus as they're in demand.
OP, I don't know where you are, but if local, I'd happily let you trial my Monarch Cob.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Be careful which type she means. The modern monarchs fit totally different to the older ones (I have a much loved 7 year old one that I can't be prised out of despite having a fancy new ideal sat unused in the tack room). The saddler put one of the new model monarchs on him and the tree shape was totally different!

This! I’ve had 3 Monarchs. Lovely, comfy saddles. I bought a ‘new shape’ and it didn’t fit anywhere near like the old shape so had to sell it on.

eahotson

Visit site
I have two, the Cob and the Jump model. They are both less than two years old.
I would certainly recommend the Cob saddle for wide horses, it also sits nicer on their back rather than giving you that perched on top feeling I found on the Kent and Masters Cob and Bates Wide (which, to be fair, were actually not that bad I just prefer a closer feeling to the back).
The Cob was purchased before the shortage of leather/workman that hit last year, so I found the leather to be a far better quality than the Jump saddle I bought Spring 2021, when poorer quality leather seemed to be used.
You do see them come up 2nd hand on eBay, but they reach £400 plus as they're in demand.
OP, I don't know where you are, but if local, I'd happily let you trial my Monarch Cob.
I am in Liverpool.Thanks for the advice.