Money Saving Tips

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Keep your horses at your Parent's place, no livery fees! It's wonderful especially coming out of Full Livery at nearly £100 per week.

Couldn't live there though, sorry Mum!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Steal bags of food off your dad, every time my dad goes racing he comes home to find his feed shed a few bags down.
Send your mother to buy salt and oil, and get her to post the crap you have sold on Ebay at the same time.

filly190

Visit site
I use human shampoo and conditioner, much cheaper and works just as well.

Dont hoard old tack and rugs, sell them when they are still decent and use money for things that are needed.

mrussell

Visit site
Buy feed oil from Aldi - works out far cheaper!
Make youre own fly repellant out of Dettol, cold tea and Avon skin-so-soft body oil.

other than that - sorry - I usually find that cutting corners never works out any cheaper!

(Ive got 4 neds so I think Ive tried pretty much ever which way to cut costs!!)

Claireg9

Visit site
i think so, as now im greedy and can not get out of the habbit of having luxury's!
What im trying to say is buy and pay for things you need not want!

riotgirl

Visit site
Get a native! seriously, just worked out my Welshie costs less than £75 a month - all in.

Also, have a down to eart neighbour/trainer who tells you "you don't need that" whenever you consider buying something even remotely gadgety/unnecessary.

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Send your mother to buy salt and oil, and get her to post the crap you have sold on Ebay at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought it was only me that did that!!!!!!!!!!!
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

miamibear

Visit site
I agree with that one, straw is included in my livery shavings are extra. My two friends are going on shavings and im tempted but its too much extra money!!

I like a big straw bed anyway though and im good with time management!!
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Buy quality tack & clean it regularly, it will last for years. Don't waste your time with cheap leather, it cracks & goes like cardboard no matter how much you oil it.

Don't buy everything from the tack shop. As soon as something has 'Equine'on the label it doubles in price. Skips, waterproof coats brooms, shovels etc can be bought elsewhere much cheaper.

BEST BUY FOR WINTER: a Slow Cooker. Drop the meat & veg in it, turn it on & forget it. When you come back from the yard cold & wet there's a hot meal for you & you've saved £3-£4 at the chip shop. (ah...chilli tonight mmmmm)

smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif

CastleMouse

Visit site
Buy horsey stuff on Ebay!
grin.gif
(Really depends what you want though, there are some horsey things I'd never buy on Ebay!)
Prevention is also better than cure!

hussar

Visit site
Be open-minded about synthetic tack - my Thorowgood endurance saddle has lasted for eight years and about 4000 miles. Zilco bridles too just need dunked in a bucket of water and come up as good as new.

You don't need to buy Codlivine or other 'horse' oils - a large supermarket bottle of veg oil is just as good.

Disposable nappies make great hoof poultices ...

Buy good rugs and look after them. Well worth the money.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Get a native! seriously, just worked out my Welshie costs less than £75 a month - all in.

Also, have a down to eart neighbour/trainer who tells you "you don't need that" whenever you consider buying something even remotely gadgety/unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, ours costs me about 50 quid a month to keep.

YO is pretty handy, she has shed loads of stuff and always tells me not to bother buying as I can always borrow something off her.

I also saved a fortune by not buying things like haynets and unnecessary rugs, boots etc. B is very native and very hairy and really doesnt need rugs. Bar a bit of hay in the winter he costs me almost zilch to feed.