Monmouth

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Nice event would highly recommend it - my day was up and then down - ok dressage of 39 was quite pleased as he has had major dental work this week and it has made the world of difference - his canter which is extremely weak was his best marks. I thought judge was a bit harsh but nobody got under 32.
Sj jumped my first ever clear so was thrilled - the SJ was well up to height and lots were getting poles. Finally the work with his canter is paying off as this is what lets us down in everything.
XC well I missed a fence which is not a very clever thing to do. Heard the commentator saying that my directions were off and could not work out why! I reckon I already had a stop anyway so not totally gutted as we had a drop down over a log followed by a ditch then 2 strides over a roll top. We jumped down over the drop log but half way while popping down he saw the ditch and slammed on the breaks seeing the ditch sending me up his ears. Thank god he just stood there or I would have fallen off. Managed to get back in the plate had the fence judge say thanks for not falling off and popped straight over the ditch. So do not know if me trying to get back in the saddle and standing there would have counted as there is no way I would have stayed on otherwise.
So all in all ok would like all 3 phases to come off together at some time!
Onwards Bricky next week - it was nice to meet Cheeky girl though very briefly.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Yay clear round showjumping!! Thats brilliant L....you are SO getting there with him, every event is better and better..Bless him to stand still so that you could get back in! he knew he had a job to do
wink.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh poo, didnt realise you were there-at the last minute i went up with my sister as she had her 2 in the novice. I liked it there too, beutifully designed xc.
Here's to meeting up at bricky then!!

LEC

www.youtube.com
I watched Odin go round the XC and I thought that I heard Grinders name mentioned. I would have come and found you if I had known. Will try and catch you at Bricky!

Bossanova

Visit site
Cute isnt he? She thought she was going fast enough but got 10 time- shame as it ws 33 dr, doube clear and she would have been we placed
mad.gif

grinder was good boy too and went slowy but clear

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well done! Sounds like the horse is great
wink.gif
. Good dentists can make the world of difference. I love Bricky, have been round 3 times in two different years and I think it's a fab course - nothing too frightening but very educational. I hope they've sorted out the dressage area from two years ago, I'm sure they will have as there were lots of grumbles at the time about the flints. Michael Munden is a brilliant host and do try to win the prizes - they were huge luxury hampers both times I was there!

LEC

www.youtube.com
That is the 2nd time this season that I have a TE once jumping wrong fence and this time missing it all together. Damn it I am normally really switched on but am blonde. Saw my horse dentist there he told me my horse had horrible teeth and needed lots of work
mad.gif

I love Bricky - warm up was same last year rubbish. It will really test this horse as he is not very skinny clever yet.

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh no.... we dont really do skinnies yet, hope they dont have any in the intro
crazy.gif

TE is obviously the trend atm- I've never done it before but twice in one go was impressive
smirk.gif

Out of interest, which fence did you miss out??

LEC

www.youtube.com
The steps did not even think about it or walk up to the top of them as my friend was walking the novice at the same time. I just presumed it was novice and my friend did not point out the pink! Also I guess the sunken road came before and I did not even think about whether the exit was numbered 7 or still as 6.
The great thing about Bricky is they have black flag alternatives at pretty much everything which might be tricky!

Bossanova

Visit site
Oh no, what a shame!! Can actually see how easy that would be to do- what a bummer though.
Oh good, we have some small glimmer of hope for getting round then....

LEC

www.youtube.com
No ditches either so if he jumps the skinnys and can hold a line on the corner we should be ok. The dressage warm up is a pain but good if you have a fizzy horse as just keep trotting it up the hill!

tigers_eye

Visit site
There was a ditch in the intro when I did it, in the middle of the very baby coffin (literally, small rail, two strides, tiny ditch, two strides, tiny rail, all on the flat), and remember two skinnies, one of which was the corner near the end, but both had alternatives I think. You'll both be fine!