Monmouth

seche

Visit site
Whos going? = never been before please can someone tell me ALL about the PN XC there! looking forward to it!

SpottedCat

Visit site
Really lovely event, they make a lot of effort. The final dressage warm up bit isn't flat but the initial bit is. The PN XC is a nice fair test - the one fence which caused issues last year was the sunken road complex which was rider error every time- people just came into it too fast.

It does have some big bright XC fences - I'm sure I remember seeing the PN have a spider complete with 8 large legs last year! The water is also a bit spooky as it's very murky.

I love Monmouth, it's a proper amateurs event normally (because usually it clashes with gatcombe). SJ was up to height last year.

If the horse is given the all clear in time I'll be going.

seche

Visit site
Mine is away at summer camp with an Irish Man!, hopefully he is turning him from "cowardly lion" into "fearless lion" there was a spider fence at S of E yrs ago - sadly this horse never saw it!
- I guess it will be a test for us as will be my first event once he is back from his stint at boarding school! - least he is going to see Withington and Salperton on his away trip!!!
Im excited about it already!!

cheekycharley

Visit site
I am planning on going... Will enter either pn or pnp - having a lesson tomorrow so will check with intructor. sister will be entering novice. Hadnt been to wales before this year, but now the bridge is much cheaper this will be our second trip this year :)

trefilan

Visit site
Im hopefully going and doing the opn. Ive never been but I have heard it is a nice course but the water can be a bit spooky.

Acolyte

Visit site
I did the PN last year and it was FAB
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
The best time I have EVER had when riding.......

The only slight problem I had was when my horse took off across an open field between fence 3 and 4 and I couldnt stop, other than that he stormed around everything without hesitation and never looked at anything
smile.gif

As SC has said the spider skinny was interesting, and the water was a bit murky..... plus I had never jumped a hedge in my life, I just lined him up and hoped for the best
blush.gif

We got a clear round
laugh.gif