monoflap jump saddle for all disciplines?

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
I'm currently on the look out for a new horse after having to retire Fabio at the end of last year. I tried a horse at the weekend in his owners lovely monoflap devoucoux jump saddle (serious saddle envy! :)) and actually felt fine schooling in it, as well as jumping.

I currently have separate dressage and jump saddles that i've kept hold of for now incase i could have them fitted to whatever new horse i end up with, but i'm now debating selling them both and getting a nicer jump saddle and using that for everything. Do many of you use a jump saddle for flatwork also? The saddles i have are popular types and do well secondhand so should be able to sell on easily.

Girlracer

Visit site
I have a monoflap jump saddle as my only saddle, and have no problems schooling as well as jumping. Although being honest, if I had the budget I would prefer to have a dressage saddle to school in!

LeannePip

Visit site
I currently have both but for the last 6 months i only had a jump which i did everything in, but now having a DR saddle back i've seen a vast improvement in both horse and rider in just a couple of weeks so i always prefer to have a saddle for the job

stilltrying

Visit site
The ginger one is retired from jumping but I've kept my flat seat jump saddle as i really like it. We've done affiliated BD in it, no one seems to mind and i'm very comfortable in it. In fact i cant bear high cantel saddles now, so much so i customised my conne's wow saddle so we've got a VSD with a flat jump seat : )

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I do everything in my jump saddle however it's not a monoflap and I specifically ordered it with using it for everything in mind so made sure it would be comfortable for my horse. It's based on a monoflap I really liked riding in, so has all the bits in all the right places ;)

A previous saddler scared me off ever using a monoflap jump saddle as the only saddle as he said it had made my horse lame!

blood_magik

Visit site
another one that does everything in a jump saddle, although it's not a mono flap. flatwork, dressage, showing and hacking (and jumping, obv) all get done in the boys' various K2's.

I do have a DR saddle for one but it's not the comfiest so I tend not to ride in it that often.

CAH7

Visit site
Yep, I only have a monoflap jump saddle, which I love. I do low level BD in it too, and no-one seems to have noticed! I admit that I struggle to ride in a dressage saddle now though, from spending 3 years with short stirrups on a wide bog pony ;)

kassieg

Visit site
I only had a jump saddle for ages but treat myself to a dressage & wow the difference was amazing! My riding improved so much & consequently so did my horses way of going :)