Monty is poorly

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Our family's first Lab had a similar problem, many, many years ago. He made a good recovery and it didn't cause him any further problems, I'm sure Monty will be fine.

Thank you.
I wasn’t overly worried because my first dog also had a similar haematoma too. This was about 1980. The vet drained the fluid and quilted the ear. You could feel the little scars where the stitches had been.
Monty is a drama queen when he is poorly. The other dog was easy to treat.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Thank you.
I wasn’t overly worried because my first dog also had a similar haematoma too. This was about 1980. The vet drained the fluid and quilted the ear. You could feel the little scars where the stitches had been.
Monty is a drama queen when he is poorly. The other dog was easy to treat.

We could do 'haematomas through the ages', Pluto's was in 1960s but although I can still 'see' it as clear as day, I don't think we have a photo of him with his bandage.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Bless him! Did he scratch himself? We had to stop previous dogs from doing damage, might have been water in the ears from swimming. We’ve learnt to dry Zak’s ears after a trip to the river.

Hope the lad is better soon, being bashed in the back of the leg with the cone of shame is no fun, had 3 at once one week, that was tricky!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Bless him! Did he scratch himself? We had to stop previous dogs from doing damage, might have been water in the ears from swimming. We’ve learnt to dry Zak’s ears after a trip to the river.

Hope the lad is better soon, being bashed in the back of the leg with the cone of shame is no fun, had 3 at once one week, that was tricky!

Yes he scratched. The vet calls it Labrador ear. I suppose over the years in-spite of ears drops Monty has scratched once too often.

deb_l222

Visit site
Aww bless him - get well soon Monty.

Despite having floppy eared dogs forever, I've only had this once with the Clyde pooch. He had to have it drained a couple of times and have the indignity of wearing a handmade snood out of a sleeve of an old sweatshirt but it did heal up fine, albeit with a bit of a wrinkly ear.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
In the 80's, my kelpie had a row of buttons sewn on (Australia), was that ever a thing in the UK?

I haven't seen any. Pluto had a bandage all round his head, over the ear and under his jaw, which was a bit tight and left him with a cough for a while after the ear was healed. It must have been before anyone thought of cones. We have used inflatable rings more recently - much more comfortable for human legs.