Moorgreen Show - 25/8/08

Deefa

Visit site
Well, not a big results thread really but very happy today with Harry (Again lol)
First was the in-hand Veterans
Big class, i think about 12 in it and all lovely horses. Did a stonking first trot and got pulled 2nd! but dropped the 3rd after 2nd trot up because his coat was a little fluffy due to his winter coat starting to come through - but he lives out 24/7 with no rugs so cant really help that lol

Pro pics from in-hand

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/deefa/Harry%20non%20jumping/Picture-1.jpg

The SJ, did the 2'10 first, got a clear first round and knocked a pole in the jumpoff but still came 3rd as fasted 4 faulter. Then the 3'3, didn't get placed as knocked a pole in first round - very unlucky but thats what SJ is about! He jumped cracking today and didn't really deserve the pole in the 3'3, only tapped the first upright into a double as he was to busy watching the crowd as the jump was next to the tape for the ring. Although only 3 clears anyway (only placed to 3rd) and it was carnage out there, people falling left right and centre!

Jumping pics in PG!

ebbs

Visit site
Hi Deefa saw you and Harry at Moorgreen today he looked really well couldnt come over as was in a class, well done with the results it just shows that these veterans can still compete and do well, I took our veteran we didnt do the veteran classes we did the Arabs her owner took her in the in hand and was 4th and I took her in the ridden won and went champion, I also took her new stable mate it was her first show we did the in hand arab won and was reserve champion we were so happy with both of them, where are you off to next?

Deefa

Visit site
Team chasing next
smile.gif
at Belvoir on the 14th sept - back to what we do best lol

Well done on your result!

flowerlady

Visit site
Well Deefa arrived at Moorgreen Show about 12.45 had no idea what had gone programme crap. It's been about 8-9 years since I went to Moorgreen Show and I was very disappointed with the lay out. Couldn't find out where the Veteran class was on (if you weren't competing there was no Schedule in the program so stood and watched the SJing. Seem to be Youngsters in then larger or Adults later. Not that impressed, the ground could have done with a mow a couple of days before the show went on. One of the other horse rings seem to have Coloureds in it all afternoon. So sorry I missed meeting you it would have been nice to be able to cheer for someone specific. Have you been to Moorgreen before? If so do you think it's gone well done hill?
confused.gif
It used to attract some top names.?
confused.gif

ebbs

Visit site
We have been the last 7 years last year was bad and this year was even worse my entries were lost in the post then in the schedule our class was the 2nd from 9am we arrived at the ring at 9am with our 2 and another competetor with her 2 horses and the class had finished they brought it forward to start at 8.30am the other competetor complained and eventually they did put another class on for the 4 of us but then they brought the 3 Hack ridden classees forward and moved the ridden Arabs back, I just dont understand how they can think it is right to move classes forward and backwards, I will certainly consider this when the schedule comes next year

doris2008

Visit site
Hey - well done you!
Gord did his first TARRA class - was a good lad.
I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with the rings - talk about unlevel & rutted! I won't even mention the lorry park...
But hey ho at least the sunshined!!