Moorhouse EC (doncaster)

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com

anyone been there recently?
If so, can you tell me what the warm up arena is like?

Ta
laugh.gif

L00bey

Visit site
I have never been but was supposed to once to do some showing, sacked it off for xc
tongue.gif

I have been told it is quite deep going, dont know if thats still true?

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
hmm that might not be good then....

Supposed to be doing dressage there on Sunday & I've never been. Might stick to Novice if it is deep. Thanks
smile.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
Depends...how big is your horse, you might want to duck at certain points if your horse is partial to going up
grin.gif

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Depends...how big is your horse, you might want to duck at certain points if your horse is partial to going up
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

eh!? I am not liking the sound of this...

I have a 16.3hh WB but he is long as well - big stride, oh and he has been known to rear.....
crazy.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
If the same as last year then it's still tiny! Maybe not so bad if not trying to warm up for SJ though. Never really noticed it as that deep - probably concentrating more on trying not to run over spectators walking down the side!
grin.gif

whitesocks

New User
Visit site
Small dark warm up arena, only let 8 in at a time for sj, dont think 8 would be able to manage to warm up for dressage without bumping into each other

jeanettethree

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that small !! what are you riding a elephant.....

The warn up is not massive, but we regulary compete there and never have a problem, yes they do only allow 8 iin the warm up, but that's gives you plenty of room, the main indoor arena is a decent size too, I wouldnt be put off by the other replies, infact if you go on you tube and search Moorhouse equestrain centre there is some videos on there
grin.gif

xxJessxx1990

Visit site
i have ridden there for a few years and find the warm up ring really narrow, and cramped when horses are in, not too bad when it's just ponies. the main arena tends to be deeper going than the warm up, and it is quite dark, but with it being just down the road from me it's quite handy!

Loubiepoo

Visit site
The warm up is about 15m wide - you cant ride a decent 20m circle in it and its probably about 30m long. I've never noticed it being deep, its just dark and quite spooky. The main arena is a bit brighter and lots bigger but again quite spooky, the worse bit is getting from the warm up into the main arena, fairly low roof if your on a big horse and narrow entrance. A great place to practice though cause if you can get your horse round Moorhouse nicely I reckon they'll go well anywhere. I was going to go on Sunday but have opted for Westfield Park instead this time!
smile.gif