Morbid question

Benjamin

www.freewebs.com
What would happen to your horses if you were to pass away?
Have you made provisions for them in your will? Do you have a will?

I have been thinking about this and I wouldn't want Benj being sold on and falling into the wrong hands etc....

Pondering from Essex!

P x

susan_w

Visit site
And a cheery hello to you too.

Seriously, everyone should really think about this, or at least their nearest and dearest know what your wishes are.

Tia

Visit site
Some would be kept - the rest would be sold. My daughter could keep whichever ones she wanted and then hubby would find homes for all of the others.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A bullett.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep - most definately wouldn't want her passed on. So unless the person whose farm she currently lives on would be willing to keep her until her dotage then she would be destroyed.

the watcher

Visit site
The one I have on v long term loan, there is a plan and it is written into the loan that she would go to relatives of the owner. The other two? Sharer on Dales mare would get first refusal on a loan arrangement, the third hasn't arrived yet but again first refusal on a loan with one of the other liveries who will share him with me.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
If anything happened to me, my boy would stay with my OH, who has promised faithfully that he'd be kept, as he is now, until the day he passed on and I trust him 100% that he'd stick to his word. He'd stay on livery with my trainer who knows me inside out and knows what Id want to happen
smile.gif

If anything happened to OH (given im financially dependent on him), life insurance should have us set for life really.

sally2008

Visit site
Oi Mrs, that is a bit morbid!
mad.gif
grin.gif

I've not made any formal plans but I have complete faith that M_M would take the best course of action for Dec with the help of my closest friends.

Benjamin

www.freewebs.com
[ QUOTE ]
Oi Mrs, that is a bit morbid!
mad.gif
grin.gif

I've not made any formal plans but I have complete faith that M_M would take the best course of action for Dec with the help of my closest friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just something that crossed my mind!!
crazy.gif
Honest!
wink.gif

You want a Benjamin?? LOL

S_N

Visit site
You are too much!! STOP WORRYING!!!

In answer to your question - yes, I have made plans for B. A forum member and good friend will give her a home for life, though still in my Mother's ownership. H is for sale anyhow, so that wouldn't change!

Parkranger

Visit site
Amymay - why not rehome them? Just curious....

My mum would take Ty and spoil him rotten......couldn't stand the thought of anyone I didn't know having him.

kerrylou123

Visit site
i hope my mum would look after them for me, but being 20, i always thought i was a little young to have a will!
Id haunt her for life if she did something i didnt like with them!

SillyMare

Visit site
Sold - they all decent event horses - I would hate to have them wasted sitting in a field doing nothing.

Having said that, Lexi is the one I believe in the most - it would be nice to think my husband would keep a share of her and make sure she goes to a competitive home where she can achieve her potential.

hussar

Visit site
I've arranged with a friend to take mine and everything that goes with them as OH wouldn't have a clue. It's in my will along with a sum of money to provide for their upkeep, and she can sell what she wants except for the horses themselves.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
she can sell what she wants except for the horses themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of interest; how can you ensure this won't happen?

Theresa_F

Visit site
If OH was alive, he would look after them until they died.

If OH and I went at the same time, we have Wills.

Cairo would go back to Tania together with money to pay for him. Chancer will go to my cousin, again with money to pay for his keep.

Should they not be able to have them, I have an agreement with Redwings, they will have them, along with a very large amount of money.

I don't have kids, so should OH and I pop off together, then we have money set aside to pay for our animals. Anything left over can go to our siblings.

Have similar arrangements for my cats.

pagancluf

Visit site
I have made mine into my will and one would be given to a neighbour that used to event - and loves the big horse and one would be given to my firned that is looking for a horse but is part-loaning a 26 year old at the mo! - Have though about this in depth. (Sad isnt it!) not thought about the dogs future and def not the hubbys!?!?!?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
If I die before my sister and co-owner of all four horses, she would look after them, and vice versa, any horses that out live both of us would also get the bullet, the current ones are pair bonds and securely attached to the herd, to loose us and each other would be too much, they have a home for life and two are very elderly and retired.