More clashy-clash than matchy-match schooling progress pics

AutumnRose

Visit site
Apologies in advanced for not keeping up with the matching schooling gear that's been so in fashion on here recently ;) ;) Hopefully my outfit won't offend too much :p :p

B's flatwork is currently undergoing a renovation. Although he's been very successful on flat at lower levels (average's 29 at BE intro and 65%+ at BD novice). I do want to move him up the levels and whilst judges lower down seem to love him i know there are things that need to change to be successful at elem upwards. Mainly opening up his neck and back and getting him to engage this very powerful backend. In slight defence of my early schooling it's only really been this year (he's 7) that he's been strong enough behind to learn to use it better so i hope/don't think it's too late coming.

New regime basically consists of getting him longer and lower in first instance and then playing with picking him up to a more 'test' position and putting him back down again. Riding with a lighter seat on and off to encourage him to stretch and then picking up again. Idea is i can now (mostly) choose the outline i want at any point.

I persuaded friend on the yard (aka rising_promise :) ) to take some pictures and videos today so i could look at progress for myself. I really think we are starting to see a difference in his shape and his neck muscles look completely different to a few months ago. Plus i'm starting to really feel the power in his trot. Got another month or so before we are back out at BD for the winter so i hope we can improve some more before then.

Below are a few (loads!) of pics, plus one from BD in January for comparison. How do you think he looks? It is a work in progress........ no cc on me ta, i'm very aware of my very obvious and very numerous faults ;) :p

January
DSC00893.jpg

Today

Bit tight to begin with.....
IMGA0011.jpg

IMGA0032.jpg

IMGA0099.jpg

IMGA0043.jpg

IMGA0016.jpg

Bit of shoulder in...bit too much neck bend...
IMGA0112.jpg

IMGA0113.jpg

Medium out of shoulder in

IMGA0114.jpg

Starting to stretch in canter with a lighter seat...
IMGA0097.jpg