More doggy traumas

Visit site
Just getting over the rescue spaniels tooth problems with associated big bills, and little other dog just been to vet. He has been offcolour last couple of days but eating, but as weekend looming didnt want to risk emergency vet visit. He has two nasty lesions in his mouth, which could be ulcers due to some plaque on his teeth, but could be something more sinister. Booked in for further investigations on Tuesday, teeth cleaning etc. but hes 14 and got a heart murmur as well, so Im really scared now.

SadKen

Visit site
It's very difficult not to worry, but it doesn't help, honestly. For now I'd focus on it potentially being ulcers. Hopefully that's what it is.

I think with pain in our mouths whether teeth or ulcers, it can have a really draining effect. We can't enjoy eating (and dogs do love that) and the mouth is full of soft tissue and stuff that hurts a lot when you damage it. Ulcers would be enough to make me pretty miserable. I ate last night's tea when it was too hot and all the skin has sloughed off one side of my mouth this morning, and I've been constantly aware of the low level niggle (plus it wrecked my enjoyment of breakfast). So being off colour may just be due to that, rather than anything worse. I'll be crossing fingers for an easy fix and back to best soon.

Visit site
Hes also got a lump under his jaw, hoping its an abcess or inflammation of lymph node. You can tell Ive been surfing the net cant you. His breath has got really bad over the last couple of days. Hard few days coming up.
I seem to be a bit of a jonah when it comes to animals at the moment, lost 2 dogs and a horse in the past 18 months,

I dont know how you people with children cope with all the worry and traumas involving them, I cant cope with the animals being ill

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
one of my lurchers had her teeth done at age 14, she also had a heart murmur, she came out of the GA really well after having teeth scaled and a few out, so try not to worry,

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Fingers crossed, I hope that it goes as well as possible. {{{Hugs}}}
Ouch for the estimated cost, I can only say that you're not the only one who have thought about having to sell her body to pay a bill from the veterinarian.

{97702}

Visit site
I have to go through this shortly with my oldest greyhound - she doesn’t have a heart murmur but greyhounds are notoriously intolerant to anaesthetic due to their low body fat. I’m similarly dreading it ☹️

Fingers tightly crossed for you boy, £700 seems a crazy quote for a small dog dental though! Even my most expansive medium dog dental cost £450 ish and that was with bloods, being on a drip etc etc

Visit site
His teeth and gums were not bad, but ulcers a mystery, necrotic tissue at back of mouth ,waiting for biopsy results. Hes a bit subdued today but eating!
Having a small worry now about the pencil like poo hes had for a couple of days, definitely not normal for him. Hes back to the vets on Friday for follow up. I have suggested that my financial contributions lately warrant a plaque on a bench at the vets :D