More Hunt Sabs being plonkers..

Tern

Visit site
"plonkers" is putting it lightly.. I especially like the comment on the video that says

"Ok.Let me check if I've got this right..........it's perfectly normal to pop to the shops on a Saturday morning dressed in a balaclava in 13 degrees........and to come across women riding specially trained sniffer horses used for hunting without hounds??? Or is this only specific to the Earles Colne area???"

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=866980653324154

Countryman

Visit site
Disgusting behaviour-but typical of them. Antis have been arrested many times for trying to disrupt non-hunt affairs - including smashing up cars at a hunt ball, hurling abuse at hunt staff over the kennels wall while they work and attacking the staff houses at the Kennels. All goes to show they are people-haters, not animal-lovers.

VoR

Visit site
Is it my imagination or do these incidents seem to be a) getting more regular and b) getting more serious? Mass sab at the B&SV, hounds being apparently called on to roads, people being followed by masked persons as they go about their legal business (last time I checked it was perfectly legal to hack on a road even if you are riding a hunt's horse!!), we received our first abusive phone calls in four years as hunt secretaries a few months ago and have had sabs visiting on hunting days quite a few times when for years it has been to say the least an irregular occurence - mind you, it's the same old faces.........or should I say masks every time!

I have an uneasy feeling that something bad is going to happen.....................still going to ride to hounds though :)

Countryman

Visit site
VoR, I hope you reported those phone calls to the police! I'm sure if they ever received any they would shout about it for days, and it is a crime.

As for these incidents getting more regular- I'm not sure. Certainly things were much worse until 5 years ago or so, when numbers started to decline-but I do think the badger cull may have reinvigorated more of them to start again. Despite that, sab numbers are still very low and I don't think they're on the increase. I suspect its just that before they would only sab in large groups of 15-20 minimum, and often much much larger, whereas now the majority of hunts affected get 10 or less sabs out each time-sometimes just one or two!