More rug questions

PennywithHenry

Visit site
I apologise now for yet more rug questions, but I've spend two solid days looking at damned combo's and have narrowed it down slightly, but that's all....

Soooo...here goes:

Does anyone have either

Shires 300g StormbreakerCombo
Rhinegold 350g Harlequin
Rhinegold 350g Aspen combo

If so can you tell me if they have like a thick seam where the rug attaches to the neck or if it's just a row of stitching etc please?

Also Jumpers Horse Line rugs, their heavyweight combo-can anyone tell me what sort of weight they are as I can't find the answer anywhere on line and saw a nice grey/black checked one.

Or if anyone else has any rug ideas for a combo? Must be combo as she has quite sore withers just now, and 5ft9, as Equestrian Clearance have sold out of just about every 5ft9 rug that isn't a fly or summer sheet. Can't go too much over £60 as my hubby's buying for her. I know you get what you pay for and I was looking for good rugs second hand on ebay but can't find any.

Thanks
grin.gif

Sarah B

community.webshots.com
I have found Rhinegold's to be a terrible fit on my 15.1hh TB x Connie, have only had a Shires for my previous boy, a 16.2hh WB x TB but I liked it. I currently use Weatherbeeta Combos which I love, but they do rub part of her mane out. PremierEquine.co.uk have some great offers at the moment - Ive ordered two but no idea how they fare/fit!

digitalangel

Visit site
have you tried Derby house? they have combo's on special at 32-36 quid and definitely have 5ft 9. from searching old posts they seem to be quite well made.

I have a rhinehold harlequin which is use as a spare - it seems well made and doesnt rub, but the seems quite heavy.

hope this helps!!

LadyRascasse

Visit site
for £65 you can get a weatherbeeta orican combo which is 360g from equestrain clearance. fab rug had mine 3 seasons and it has been brilliant not tears or leaks been out in the heaviest rain and snow. it is on my razor blade withered tb and hasn't rubbed him.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Of the ones you mention in your original post I would go for the Shires one, IMO they are better cut and made of superior fabric.

Just had a Premier Equine Stormbuster (a heavier one than you are looking for) and am pleased with the quality. I do think it comes up quite big, the horse it was bought for normally has 6'9 in a Mark Todd. He could easily have got away with a 6'6 in the PE and he is a stocky 16.3HH

mikh

Visit site
Do try PE, they are brilliant, I've got pretty much all of their rugs and we love them. Recently acquired at 450grm buster in red and it's been a god send these cold nights. We also have the 300grm and it's super too!

Faberge

Visit site
I bought a Shires rug and it made the horses sweat horribly - I don't think they are very breatable. Wouldn't buy another one.

My vote would be for a Weatherbeeta every time - they fit really well, they are well made and they are not too expensive.

Have a look on eBay, usually tons on there...

jewel

Visit site
hate rhinegold rugs, the one had fitted horribly and was heavy when wet. have you looked on surrey pet supplies i got a weatherbeeta heavy weight combo for £80 a couple of weeks ago. JHL i have found fit narrow chested horses better.

Achinghips

Visit site
I got a rhinegold high neck. Sizing comes up a bit small for my liking. Should have got a bigger size up, really.