Most hard wearing riding gloves?

liveryblues

Visit site
Hi all, Can I ask for your opinions on the bestest, longest lasting every day riding gloves!
My niece rides several horses every day and gloves are a must. A recently bought pair of Roeckl summer weight gloves are now thread bear after only a week! At £30 a go :0
I would like to buy her a pair of gloves that are comfortable, light weight and breathable but above all HARD WEARING!
What can you recommend?? :)

liveryblues

Visit site
Which ariat gloves? I am looking at the Tredstep pro dressage gloves?? Dont want to waste money though if they will not stand up to hard wear!

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I have Tredstep ones, the show hunter ones, lovely gloves, but mine are rather threadbare now although they've probably done a year.
I have Ariat Pro Tek ones I think.
I also have mac wets which are lovely, but haven't had them long enough to comment.
My roeckl ones probably wore out the quickest.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I wear sailing gloves both for yard work and riding. They are tough, comfy and hard wearing and it they are designed for getting wet in :) A good pair will cost about £15 so they are affordable and last for ages (had the last pair 2 years and wear them every day).

philamena

Visit site
I find the light leather-like Roeckl gloves wear through too. The most hardwearing (yet light) gloves I've found are their Meredith Michaels Beerbaum ones if you can get them. They don't sound convincing from the write up online but they are light so give you great feel, are tough (had mine for eighteen months and they was up almost like new!!) and they're grippier than the leather-like ones when wet.

charlimouse

Visit site
I have a pair of Neumann gloves that are still going strong after 2 years heavy everyday use. I think I got mine from Horse Health, and have never seen them anywhere else. I have the tackified mens riding glove (not that I am a man!) and they are fab.

Pidgeon

Visit site
Used to have the Roeckl (sp?) gloves but they kept getting shredded on my reins, so tried the Mac Wet gloves and they are great IMO. Last a long time too.

ecrozier

Visit site
I recently returned a pair of roeckl ones as stitching gave way on one within a month and the fabric was starting to wear through already. They gave me a replacement pair which so far are better!

Mavis007

Visit site
I love the Roeckl x-country gloves. I find a pair last about a year riding in them approx 5 times a week. They manage to keep my hands warm in winter yet cool in summer and grip well even when wet.

expat

Visit site
My vote goes to Ariat Tek Grip. The last pair lasted me nearly 2 years and my current one is over a year old and still going strong. I use them about 4 to 5 times a week in any weather.

liveryblues

Visit site
Have just ordered a pair of macwet gloves of ebay! Love the Neuman gloves though, they really look like they would last! How are they in the summer?? Do they breath?

Herts05

Visit site
Yes, macwet ones do breathe. I wear mine summer and winter and they keep hands warm when needed and yet don't make them sweat in the heat.

Find them great riding in a double bridle as well as they are thin yet have an amazing grip. Trust me, I am really picky about the stuff I buy! :) Occasionally I try another brand but always keep going back to Macwets. Like the fact that they come in a longer length too

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Hi all, Can I ask for your opinions on the bestest, longest lasting every day riding gloves!
My niece rides several horses every day and gloves are a must. A recently bought pair of Roeckl summer weight gloves are now thread bear after only a week! At £30 a go :0
I would like to buy her a pair of gloves that are comfortable, light weight and breathable but above all HARD WEARING!
What can you recommend?? :)
For winter you can get good leather ones from Dave Wilson
http://www.davewilsonequestrian.com/leather-riding-gloves-save-40-181-p.asp
For summer try Equestrian Clearance
http://www.equestrianclearance.com/_hac-tac/hac-tac-pimple-riding-gloves/index.html
The main problem I find is losing one, therefore I need to buy several pairs at a time.