Most Robust Overreach Boots?

Solo1

Visit site
Which overreach boots are the most robust?

Youngster unshod behind, shredded 3 rubber pairs in 2 weeks! She only overreaches when excited and being a plonker, or when mistakenly thinking I'm asking for extension. Rode her tonight without them and she has two overreaches on the bulb of her heel. Hopefully will resolve self as she becomes more balanced but just want to protect her at the moment.

So, best overreaches? Ones that preferably don't break the bank. She's 14.2hh with quite small feet but took a cob size in rubber boots to cover the bulb of her heel. Thanks :)

nikCscott

Visit site
Well theres the question!!!

I go through at least 2 pairs a month used to be 6 pairs a month when he was on a hill and once the over reach is off the shoe is next.:rolleyes:

I've tried all styles and brands but the rubber tears on the rubber ones and the stitching attaching the velcro goes on the more expensive neoprene ones most expensive ones i tried £24 WW ones last 3 days :eek::(

So I moved him to a yard with flat grazing on farriers advise and just stock up on the rubber ones- but like I say we're on 2 pairs a month now so not so bad

herring

Visit site
Have you tried multi petal ones? I have the same problem with my baby though he's much better now he's grown up a bit. I use westropp boots with neoprene pastern wraps to protect where staps go.

miss_wilson

Visit site
my girl used to go through a pair of velcro rubber every 2 weeks in the field!!! i now use the old style pull on rubber ones a size larger than what she needs..... 6 weeks still on!!!