Most Unusual Horse Name?

Toadeyes

www.hamletshouse.co.uk
Whats the most unusual horse name youve ever heard?

I heard a commentator at a show announce the next competitor's horse was called 'Really Badly'. It was quite funny:

"And the next competitor is Joe Bloggs riding Really Badly...."

Nic

Visit site
Not a funny name but hearing commentators stumbling over He'll Dubh always perks me up half way round the XC
tongue.gif

(it's pronounced Do - like he will do & Dubh is Gaelic for black)

Claireg9

Visit site
I knew a girl called Grace Barton, and she used to ride a horse called Grey Sparton.
Doesnt look that weird until you say it out loud!

They always choose silly names that sounded different as you pronounced them!

Also my little girl was called Glandwr Grug.
So funny listening to what the commentators attempted to call her, in the end i got a welsh lady to translate it for me... it means Heather by the Water... never had the same fun though so i changed it back to the welsh version!

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Just been looking at a horse on coloured contacts called "Dinner". That's just wrong!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just spotted that one. Thought it was hilarious.

My youngster's just been given his 'posh' name - Chippy Minton.

And our big hunter's 'posh' name always makes me smile when I fill in entry forms. It's Irishman's Song, but I always think of Irishman's Thong. One of these days I'll accidentally put it down and my husband will be furious as it's read out when he's on course....
grin.gif
grin.gif

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
We had one called Frank The Swank, went on to be a 4* horse with Matt Ryan. Used to ride a horse called Not Another Donkey - he hasnt shown it yet!
Named my own horse The Cheekster, some people think its strange but it suits him down to the ground.

tinker512

Visit site
A filly called Herself and a colt called Himself...funny as foo when someone says they are playing with Himself/Herself in the field or something!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We had one called Frank The Swank, went on to be a 4* horse with Matt Ryan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your joking right!! A smallish TB type, bright bay with a stripe? Poss. had a wall eye......can't quite remember.... Someone that Chestnut_Cob knows/knew used to adore him when we were students!! I know for a fact that it was him that Matt had afterwards, but I can't recall how long afterwards - am talking about 10ish yrs ago.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
I can only just remember him, we had him as a 2yo - most gangly backward thiing ever. A lad I know, Ian Russell (I would say freinds but we fell out) brought him off MR when he worked for him. Think he was placed round Punchestown on him, Frank retired couple of years ago so Ian did too - now a pupil assistant at Venetia Williams.

Theresa_F

Visit site
Jemima was competed as Blodwyn Jemima PP.

PP actually stood for purple pony following an incident with too much highlighter shampoo, but it could have meant pikey pony or even piebald pony.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i know a horse called "With Ease", which was another one of those names that is funny when the commentator says "This is Ben Dover riding With Ease"
tongue.gif

Ginn

Visit site
My dad and (middle) sister wanted to call Tilly "Freezer food" - I was not amused!!

I always liked the name "Permenant Amnesia" aswell, though I think it would apply more to the rider than the horse!
smirk.gif

Grey_Arab

Visit site
There was a horse at Badminton once, that was called 'Son of a B***h' apparantly as the story goes, he has realy bad to break in, story may not be true though!!!!!!!