Most you've achieved in a year

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
2014 we went from unaff intro to qualifying for the BD pet plan area festival finals at elementary!

2015 we spent consolidating our work, but this year I'm hoping we will move up a couple more levels.

blood_magik

Visit site
Last year was the year everything seemed to come together for me with my big guy.

I jumped my first Newcomers (1.10-1.20) exactly one year to the day that I jumped my first British Novice (90-1m) with B.

I think we jumped maybe one Discovery before moving up to the 1.05m class, whereas my other horse started jumping Disco in July 2014 and we only got through to the second phase once between then and August 2015. 🙈😄

ahml100

Visit site
Mine is a little bit different as it is more a training jump then anything else! However, when I arrived in Spain to be a working pupil for the first week I had my hands tied together with a flash, not lying! and could barely keep the horses in a contact.

By the end of the 20 weeks I was able to ride all the advanced dressage movements well and, the personal achievement of mastering the canter pirouette! Something that I really struggled with so was over the moon to finally crack it

Golden_Match_II

www.event-stablebarn.weebly.com
It is probably between 2 years for me, probably improved so much due to age (in my early teens) and the amount of time I had to train etc!

Between 2007 and 2008 I went from jumping 70-75cms at Pony Club stuff to reaching the PC Novice SJ Champs (90-95cms) and going double clear, competing at PC area eventing at 90-95cms and doing my first 1m classes and hunter trials. Owe it all to getting a new pony at that age and some very good instructors!

Then between 2009-2010 I got my first horse and went from unaffiliated 90cms events in 09 to eventing at BE Novice and show jumping at foxhunter level. Again, I got my horse of a lifetime and we gelled so well, and I had some fantastic trainers.

Lovely to see so many people have had a great year more recently - I am horseless at the moment so no chance of that for me! Hope everyone has a successful year this year :)

siennamiller

Visit site
I went from never having jumped a double clear BS, to getting placed nearly every time out with me pony. Unfortunately, he's got to go back to owner as I can't afford a horse anymore :(. But at least I achieved bs placings, finally!

HotToTrot

Visit site
Started at BE 90 in September 2012 with a horse that'd never evented before, did his first Intermediate in Oct 2013. Yes, I KNOW that's 13 months. I'm a lawyer. I can't count. And horse had done a lot of showjumping, so it's cheating. And actually, we'd done an unaffiliated event in August, so he hadn't never evented before. So on reflection, achievement doesn't count!

star

Visit site
In Feb 2014 we did the Prelim Winter Regionals and by August 2015 we were competing Advanced Medium, qualified for Winter Regionals 2016.

Golden_Match_II

www.event-stablebarn.weebly.com
Started at BE 90 in September 2012 with a horse that'd never evented before, did his first Intermediate in Oct 2013. Yes, I KNOW that's 13 months. I'm a lawyer. I can't count. And horse had done a lot of showjumping, so it's cheating. And actually, we'd done an unaffiliated event in August, so he hadn't never evented before. So on reflection, achievement doesn't count!

Don't worry between '09 and '10 I think I counted 13 months for my improvement too haha! Still very impressive :) Hope your season 2016 goes well and that you write lots of reports please!

Wimbles

Visit site
Mine's a bit different but I'm still pretty proud. March 15 I took my 17.2hh thoroughbred who had done nothing but race for 9 years to his first horseball session. In September we finished 6th in the National league and was in 13th place for top scorer in the second division and in Oct 15 our new little team came 4th in the Open Championships :) We're not the best but I think we've come a very long way and I'm incredibly proud of the boy!

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
i don't really compare years as I try to enjoy them all. I guess I went from being told i wasn't allowed to ride again in June 2014, to competing at 2 x CCI1* 3-day events (the first being June 2015) and completing an Intermediate. both the 3 days and Intermediate were the first time i had done them too. All thanks to an amazing horse though. :D

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Not a year, but 10 days...I had only ever ridden through a prelim test and within 10 days my trainer had me running through an Advanced 100 :) Very much due to an amazing horse who knows his stuff, and being told to get on with it - this works with me!! I hadn't really run through any of the movements having ridden youngsters up until then. It felt amazing, we then schoold some of the PSG movements... will be competing this year for the first time in 5 years so hopefully going to be a good one :)