Motivation

M_G

Visit site
when its cold, wet, windy & you have just had a very tiring day at work how do you motivate yourself to ride?

I am having real problems at the moment just feel so tired all the time and very lethargic horse is being well looked after but I know I am not riding as much as I should. Any advice gratefully recieved

pottamus

Visit site
I dont have much choice as I am fighting a loosing battle keeping my horses weight down and can only ride at the weekends because of work and no school facilities! I would give my left arm to ride in the week again...no matter what the weather! So my motivation is my horses well being rather than anything else.

saskia295

Visit site
Do you compete? I think about the next season or next competition I am going to which is enough to get me going. Personally, I cannot understand why someone wouldn't want to ride, regardless of weather!

I promise if you tell yourself you'll just get on and do some exercises in walk for 20 mins, you'll do a little more when you're on board and you'll feel so glad you've done it afterwards
smile.gif

M_G

Visit site
I dont compete and this is the first year I have had a floodlit school.. I will tell myself tonight I am just going to pop on for 20 mins and run through some basic excercises.

I do like riding the big ginger fella I just feel so exhausted in the winter perhaps a kick is what I need

SDH

Visit site
I try telling myself that I'll just do a quick 10mins and then go home to my nice dry warm house ........ knowing that by the time I have groomed, tacked up and got on, I find myself saying well now we may as do a proper 30minutes schooling session or whatever
smile.gif

I also lunge.

I do have problems finding time for LOU horse though - he can only hack / can't do circles. Its too dark after work at the mo, so he is looking quite overweight ....

HelsB

Visit site
I ride in the mornings at the moment, but when I do ride in the eveniongs I don't give myself a choice - just do it every day and you get into the habit of it (always think 'the weather could be worse tomorrow'!)

CVSHotShot

Visit site
I get my sister to tell me im not dedicated and i should be ashamed of myself etc etc...its not true but it makes me angry and determind & then i do it to prove a point! lmao...

kombikids

Visit site
Dont ride then!

sorry but i dont see why you feel like you should ride - dont put the pressure on yourself, if u r tired just ride at weekends for a bit!

mle22

Visit site
Why would you ride if you don't want to and it's wet, cold and miserable and you don't have to keep horses fitness up for a particular reason. Give yourself a break. Maybe you suffer from SAD, that can make you very tired and lethargic in the winter. When I was growing up the ponies/horses went out for the winter and we all had a break. Mind you there weren't millions of indoor shows and venues then!