Motorised Wheelbarows - anybody use one?

keeperscottage

Visit site
We're thinking of investing in a motorised wheelbarrow - the petrol-driven 4-wheel drive type. Has anybody out there used one and what are they like? Are they worthwhile or a waste of time? We particularly want one for picking up droppings in the fields but don't want to chuck away almost a couple of grand if they're more trouble than they're worth! Thanks!:D

Also posted in Stable Yard.

jeeve

Visit site
We're thinking of investing in a motorised wheelbarrow - the petrol-driven 4-wheel drive type. Has anybody out there used one and what are they like? Are they worthwhile or a waste of time? We particularly want one for picking up droppings in the fields but don't want to chuck away almost a couple of grand if they're more trouble than they're worth! Thanks!:D

Also posted in Stable Yard.

We use a mower with a trailer, which can also be used for mowing, carting equipment when fencing etc. I have just looked up the wheelbarrows, they look good, but I would still prefer a vehicle and trailer combination.

keeperscottage

Visit site
I agree, a quad and a trailer would be more fun :Dbut, as a freelance groom, I (a) need to be able to tow it around from place to place on my little trailer and (b) a quad and a trailer may well churn up other people's fields too much for their liking!:eek: Thinking of investing in one because we're so busy and a couple of my jobs involve clearing ridiculous amounts of droppings, usually requiring about half a mile hike to tip them!:mad: Absolutely shattered!:(

Princess Rosie

Visit site
Im not normally into "gadgets" but have to say that is a fabulous idea, I'm just thinking how much effort it would save me dragging, pushing, manouvering a heavy barrow from the stables to our big muck trailer, the joys of not dragging a heavy barrow around the field poo picking too. Got to save up for one of these! X

Tapir

Visit site
My mum bought an electric wheelbarrow years ago and currently it's sitting unused in the tackroom. We have quite steep fields and when it's full it tends to run away with you a bit downhill but is very good going up hill. It's a also much harder t o empty due to it having 2 front wheels. As far as I remember though we just got bored of having to manoeuvre it out of the tackroom whenever we wanted to use it as it couldn't be left out in the rain because it's electric. I only have two ponies though, I'd probably get it out again if I got any more.

Visit site
I have a battery powered wheelbarrow. Takes at least two barrows worth of poo,I use it on a fairly steep hill, it does have a braking system ! I bought it when I had tendonitis in both arms and it certainly helped with that. Had it about 4 years no. Cost me £460 then.

Serephin

Visit site
I have a mucktruck, used it today in fact, three barrow loads of poo out of my field, effortlessly!

Its awesome, a bit loud, but awesome. Brilliant in really muddy conditions and rutted ground. It has three forward gears and reverse too. You have to lift it slightly to change direction as it will just go in straight lines otherwise.

In winter when everyone else is struggling through muddy gateways with their wheelbarrows, I just breezed through with the muck truck!