Mountain Horse Aurora Tall Boots

jnb

Visit site
Anyone got them?
My Richmond High Riders zip has died and I've lost weight so going to treat myself as Horze have 18% off everything making these £212 inc delivery....
If/when cobblers are open again I can get the zip replaced but...life's too short, buy the boots!
If no one has them, anyone interested in a review?

https://www.horze.co.uk/riding-boot...6k_VTu5vTt0ykpbYPE9NVSQ3dwXnDhSkaAnWZEALw_wcB

Hmm. That's an idea for a board in HHO....a product Review board? Anyone think that's a good idea @fatcontroller?

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I don’t have the boots but I do like all things Mountain Horse. If you have a look on their own website there are a few pairs of tall boots on sale, not the Aurora ones but the Supreme High rider were £350 down to £125. Obviously depends if they have your size but worth a look.

C1airey

Visit site
I tried them when the rep brought them round last year and remember thinking they were quite nice. No idea how they wear in though, and I was only trying a sample.

jnb

Visit site
I tried them when the rep brought them round last year and remember thinking they were quite nice. No idea how they wear in though, and I was only trying a sample.
Ooh lucky you! I had a pair of Sovereigns but found them a bit flimsy in the foot for my liking and sold them for what I paid for them, just preferred the Richmonds - more robust sole.
Would you say they were more like the Richmonds than Sovereigns?
:)

C1airey

Visit site
We only sold the Sovereigns, so no idea what Richmonds are like. They struck me as quite sturdy boots. They must have been for me to like them! I know what you mean about the Sovereigns.

Reactions: jnb

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They are lovely boots I love mountain horse I have high riders that are 7 years old still going, Venice use them for shows and the short classic boots so in my opinion you should definitely buy them!

jnb

Visit site
Ok so Mountain Horse Aurora have arrived, they fit like a glove if slightly wide at the knee (but my dodgy knee swells up randomly so that is ok)
They are much more robust than the Sovereign but as beautiful and the sole is like the Richmond so fairly robust but flexible and not clumpy Like the old MH High Rider.
Won’t be riding in them till Saturday as too hot! But I will report back

terrierliz

Visit site
I got some in brown to replace my ariat bromonts, they look lovely, I’m finding the ankle a little tight but I’m sure they will give a bit. The little bit of leather behind the base of the zip gets in the way when putting them on, a little niggle. I wish they had a suede inner panel but at a saving of over £100 I am happy so far.