Mountain Horse Mountain Rider Classic boots

Visit site
I am looking to get the Mountain Horse Mountain Rider Classic boots in brown.

I have read lots of reviews and they seem to last a long time and seem super comfy; and they look great!

One thing I am concerned about is the width of the boot, I will want to use them for riding as well as yard duties. I found with dubarry lookalike riding boots that they were a little too big and clunky to school and jump in, are these Mountain Horse boots the same? I want them to be similar to jodhpur boots with a good heel but can't quite tell if they are.

Would appreciate any advice on these boots! Thanks!

Mongoose11

Visit site
They are great. Chunkier than Jod boots but not overly chunky. I had a brown pair that lasted years and now have black. Comfortable, affordable and they've lasted well for me.

asmp

Visit site
Daughter and I have ridden in them for years (great for short and wide legs!). Only once at a PC rally did daughter get told off by the instructor for them being too chunky - we ignored her (she also said all the horses should be wearing studs that day but our boy only has front shoes on)

dibbin

Visit site
I bought my first pair in 2003 and only replaced them (with another pair the same) in 2014. They're very comfy and very hard wearing, and I've always used them as my regular riding boots. I don't wear them on the yard at all - that's what my wellies are for!

DirectorFury

Visit site
I love mine and use them for hacking in the summer and all yard duties year round (apart from turning out in winter; I have wellies for that). I've had them for 2 years now and they still look new when I clean them.

They do run about half a size big on the foot size - I'm usually a 6 but have the 5.5 and could probably manage with the 5.

I wouldn't use them to school in as I prefer the closeness of long boots when doing so :).

Fruitcake

Visit site
I've had a few pairs and love them. They tend to last me a couple of years but I do literally wear them to death as they're so comfy. (Yard, riding, walking the dogs, everything!) I also have some Dublin Riverboots (country style chunky boots) that I wear in the winter and I find that my Mountain Horse ones, although chunky, aren't quite as wide as the Dublins.

When you first start to wear them though, they do feel a lot more clumpy than regular jodhpur boots and not all chaps fit over the top. Once you get used to them though, you won't want to go back!