Mountain horse SCS3 boots

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
I have them. Really like them and have found that my lower leg feels more stable (don't know if it looks that way to onlookers though!
wink.gif
), especially during downward transitions when my foot is most likely to "bobble" about in the stirrup.

Combined with my Sprenger irons, I love my new stirrup set up!

Downside is I have to remember to "pick out" my feet as well as my horse's before mounting as it's pointless getting in the saddle with mud clogging up the treads!

Emma123

Visit site
I have the stirrups but not the boots...can't say it helped with my leg position but I keep my stirrups a lot more now-i.e. rarely loose them what ever happens !

My legs still slip back when I jump
blush.gif
:
020.jpg

mrussell

Visit site
Hubby has them and they are amazing.... they turn your toe in and make you put your heel down. He says they have to be the most comfortable boots from "new" he has ever used. Excellent quality leather too.

The stirrups have added safety as the special arm pops out if you get trapped ( abit like a safety stirrup only classy!).

HBII

Visit site
I have a long pair of boots and really love them. I would say that they assist with lower leg control, as in your foot doesnt slip out of the stirrup so much, you still have to work at it, but they do help.

I find them very supportive, however took quite a while to break them in [I found anyway] but now they have they are very comfortable.

I havent got the MH stirrups, only the treads which fit nicely into my sprenger irons.

Hb

PS tried on a pair of the Ariat Bromonts and didnt feel as nice as my MH's
grin.gif

Persephone

Visit site
Ok I'm going to chuck my two penneth in now.....!

I have just got rid of my mountain horse stirrups and treads because I had huge problems. I bought some Ariat boots and gaiters for competition as I didn't like the look of the Mountain Horse equivalent. I have always been extremely brand loyal to Mountain Horse and I love their stuff but..........WhenI decided to break my Ariat's in, I absolutely could not keep my feet in the stirrups when NOT wearing my Mountain Horse boots. My instructor even got involved in this with me. Turns out I was doing nothing wrong it was the treads, my feet just slid off them as my boots could get no grip. Just a warning really. If you are ever going to be riding without Mountain Horse boots beware! I changed to a normal pair of irons with Stubben grips and the problem is totally solved. I know they say a bad workman blames his tools but I did take expert advice on this matter and my instructor absolutely agreed that the problem was the mountain horse stirrup control treads.

Jo x

JACQSZOO

Visit site
See my problem is specifically my left foot, I have always had problems with it and I end up with my foot shoved right in the stirrup so I figured these would be an ideal solution. I plan on only buying the treads to fit on irons I already have so could quite easily change them for normal treads if wearing any other type of boot.
I am just confused about the SCS and SCS3. I would be happy with the sportive boot which does have SCS - but it doesnt tell me if SCS is the same as SCS3.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
I have the irons, treads, short SCS3 boots and long SCS3 competition boots hehe
smile.gif
Totally love them all, sooo comfy. The difference is the SCS3 system is all connected to the stirupps and treads. There is no point in buying the treads without the boots and it just won't work. The whole point is that the boots have a corresponding tread on the sole which fits into the stirrup treads hence keeping you feet still.

If your looking at buying boots and treads then go for it, if not no point
smile.gif

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have the irons, treads, short SCS3 boots and long SCS3 competition boots hehe
smile.gif
Totally love them all, sooo comfy. The difference is the SCS3 system is all connected to the stirupps and treads. There is no point in buying the treads without the boots and it just won't work. The whole point is that the boots have a corresponding tread on the sole which fits into the stirrup treads hence keeping you feet still.

If your looking at buying boots and treads then go for it, if not no point
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So do these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...A:IT&ih=003

work with the scs3 treads or do I need to look specifically for the SCS3 boots.
Does anyone know what the SCS is as opposed to the SCS3?

MrsMagoo

Visit site
This link shows all the SCS3 products which go with the treads etc:
http://www.mountainhorse.se/products.php?col=5

This explains a bit about the SCS3 system:
http://www.mountainhorse.se/news.php?id=1

Those boots wont specifically go with the treads - they do have a control system but it seems just on the edge/rim of the boot:
High-tech riding boot with an elegant and modern look.

• Made in smooth and supple waxed full grain
leather.
• Durable elastic material inserts along calf area for
improved individual fitting.
• ACSS™ provides utmost support and stability for
the foot.
• Extra upholstered padding around the ankle
protects against chafing.
• Full length leather walls safeguard the zipper from
excessive
chafing while at the same time provides
protection
for your saddle etc.
• Ergonomically designed removable EVA insole with
shock-absorbing Poron® pads together with soft
Nylex® lining offers excellent comfort throughout
the entire day.
• The separately designed cushion pads in the
A.C.E. system gently work on the arch of the foot
help to stimulate blood flow and to relieve possible
fatigue.
• Stirrup Control System™ incorporated in the outsole
helps you to maintain correct stirrup position.
• Built-in 850°C forged steel shank for increased
rigidity and stability while walking or riding.
• Sturdy and durable YKK® zipper for easy handling.
• Heel part is fitted with shock-absorbing IPS™
system which helps to reduce the shock impact
while walking. Could prove itself to be very helpful
during long hours in or around the stable.

The SCS3 actually have a 'ribbed' sole that hooks into the 'ribs' of the treads and affectively locks you in posistion. So they are similar, just the SCS3 is the newest model. Hope that helps?