moving horses to france

sherbet

Visit site
There is a slim chance that I may re locate to France, to Fontainbleau so loads of riding through the forset very horsey area

Has one elsed moved aboard and moved horses as I can only do the move if I take horses with me!! There would be stables and paddock at the house so not to worried about livery just the moving.

Do you find that youare riding much duue to heat, do horses manage the heat

bigfathen

Visit site
Hi.

I haven't experienced moving a horse abroad, but I'm currently living in Paris, with a horse on part loan. Fontainbleau is not that far from Paris, and I would have to say the climate has not been that different so far (sorry to say!) than London (but I've only been here since March). Maybe a few degrees warmer, but not enough to stop you riding, particularly in the mornings.

One thing though, if your just interested in hacking then that's one thing, but if you like competing then you might find it a bit of a shock here. There are showjumping things around, but dressage comps are few and far between.

Anyway, good luck.

Booboos

Visit site
I'm about to move to the South of France and even there I wouldn't say it is too hot to ride! For a couple of months in the summer it's sensible to ride first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening, but that's it.

The only place I've lived where riding was impossible due to the heat was Athens, but temperatures reached 40-43C during the summer!

china

Visit site
my friend and her family moved to france 2 years ago with 5 horses. they hired a proffesional transporter to drive the horses over with breaks on route. from what she has said, the summer isnt to bad, no worse than england really on a good year but in the winter the nights are about -15 where she is.