Moving to Cornwall recommendations needed

humblepie

Visit site
My horse is moving to Cornwall without me! He is going to live with a friend who is moving just outside St Austell. Does anyone have any particular recommendations for vets, farriers, dentists, physios, etc in the locality? Lucky horse is going to have sea views - hope he takes photos for me. Thank you in advance.

rowan

Visit site
There is quite a few farriers in the St Austell area but they all really busy a lot aren't taking on any more customers Megan Urell is very good she has a face book page don't no if she is taking on any more customers but could properly recommend someone . Quite a few veterinary practices round here Pelyn the Lostwithel branch deals with equine and large animals, Penmellyn Vets are great horse vets. Hope your horse enjoys his sea views we are just outside St Austell and some of the views are stunning.

Mince Pie

Visit site
I second Megan the farrier, she did my lad when he first moved down here (not sure who does him now as I sold up last year), vet wise I used Penmellyn in St Colomb which isn't to far from St Austell - do you know which side of St Austell (just thinking of call out fees, although they do a 'set fee' day per zone.

humblepie

Visit site
Thanks again re the above. It is only about 1 mile from St Austell, but not entirely sure which direction - a friend has bought a small farm down there and my horse is moving down as companion to her horse. Well jealous of her lovely new place!

welshd2013

Visit site
Hi, we're about a mile outside of St Austell and Max Thomas is a farrier who covers the whole of St Austell and is amazing. He's really reliable, always on time and always does a beautiful job! He has a Facebook page.

Vets, I use Penmellyn at St Columb Major, they have a large hospital there and although they're sometimes a little more expensive they're all very reliable and have outstanding service.

Vicky Spinal Therapy (on Facebook) is a very respected physio/chiropractor or I used to use Mel Henna but I'm not 100% sure if she still does it or if she covers St Austell.

Melia Clifford is an equine dentist with a brilliant reputation.

You can look forward to visiting!! Let me know if I can help you or your friend further xx

humblepie

Visit site
Brilliant thank you as well. Just had a picture sent to me of one of their fields which has a sea view. Think I may just move in with the horse as well. Will pass all the information on.