Moving to France avec chevaux!

Keithswife

New User
Visit site
Bonjour! Hello! My husband and I are considering moving to france. He is a passionate angler, and I, a passionate equestrian. We’ve come across properties which could satisfy both these needs but would like to hear from fellow brits who have taken the plunge and moved to France. All of the chats I’ve found seems to be from 5 to 10 years old. I’d like to have some more up to date info. merci beaucoup!

Shady

Visit site
I'm in France !
Happy to chat but I don't compete and know diddly squat about that side of things here.
I also renovate houses so give me a shout if you want me to cast an eye over any property you've got your eye on.
Fuzzy's right. France is a big place and life in my bit is very different to life in Brittany, for example.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Salut, épouse d'un autre !

Try searching again, there are some more recent threads.

I'm both a rider and an angler, but a beginner at both (and I don't get out fishing very often, so that's unlikely to improve)...

If you've already got your eyes on a couple of properties, it will be fairly easy to find vets, dentists, suppliers of feed, fencing, etc.

onlytheponely

Visit site
I'm in Brittany, been here 13 years and love it. The only advice I can give you is to not buy any property through the SAFER however much you love it. It's just not worth the years of stress and bureaucracy that go with the slightly discounted price!
Any questions then feel free to PM me.

Visit site
France is a mere hop from the UK, I’d say go for it! We made the move from the north of England to Denmark last year (with 4 horses and a cat!).

sunnyone

Visit site
Personally I don't think you'll find much has changed about being in France from what was posted a few years ago. Life changes slowly if it's not affected by Covid. Learn from the earlier posts and feel free to PM me if you wish.
What will have changed is the paperwork and vet certs required to get here, and there will be very few people in the entire country who have gone through that process this year. It may still be evolving.

Visit site
OP, just to add, make sure you understand everything relating to relocating after Brexit. We made the move before Brexit but have just gone through reapplying for residency to protect our rights under the withdrawal agreement.

I believe moving to an EU country after brexit can be more difficult, so do your research thoroughly, to make sure you meet all requirements.