Moving to York - Looking for a livery yard

DarkBayBeauty

New User
Visit site
Hi,

I'm moving to work in York from Hertfordshire in February and am looking for a livery yard for my well-mannered 15.2 mare. I'm looking for full/part livery within easy reach of York so I can ride after work.

Ideally:
Friendly calm environment
All year turn out
Lovely hacking
Flood-lit ménage for riding after work in the winter
Open late enough to be able to ride after work

Can anyone recommend some yards for me to look at? Many thanks!

teacups

Visit site
Do you know which area of York you are moving to? It can be a pain getting across York. It'll help others suggest places!

DarkBayBeauty

New User
Visit site
Hi teacups, thanks for replying.
I'll be working in the centre of York. The most important thing to me is to get my girl sorted. Once I have somewhere for her I will decide where to live to fit in with her.

teacups

Visit site
I like the way you have arranged your priorities. <g>

I'm not much help, unfortunately - hopefully someone else will come along!

Not sure how good the hacking is, but Red House at Moor Monkton might be worth looking at - though it is currently full. Daytime turnout only in winter. It's West of York, details on website.

hobo

Visit site
Wow Red house school is looking great, I lived nearby 21 years ago and it did not look like that! For what you want teacups tip looks good for you. There is very little good riding in the York area though there is a UK chasers course out the other side which I have forgotten the name of. There used to be a pay and go course of tracks & jumps a bit further on from Red House as well it may still be on the go.