Mr T's first show back :)

blood_magik

Visit site
Yesterday was Mr. T's first show since injuring himself in July last year. :) It was so nice to be able to take him out with the other three, instead of having to leave him at home.

I don't normally jump T (my last attempt ended with a broken leg, 5 months off and a severe dent in my confidence) but I figured I should give it another go as we seemed to be getting on okay again. It also gave me an excuse to finally use his show numnah - it had only been sitting in my shed/tack room for the last three years.

We only did the 60cm class but he felt good. A little too good, in places... ;)
attachment.php

Rodeo moments aside, he skipped round to end up clear and in 3rd place. Clever boy. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

If anyone wants a laugh, here's the video. (I know - I forgot to do my collar before I went in. :()
[video=youtube;hB77cZGXvEE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB77cZGXvEE[/video]

Onwards and upwards...
Thanks for reading. :)

blood_magik

Visit site
I think he enjoyed himself, too. I'm so glad he's come out the other side and is back jumping again.

He damaged the cartilage in his right pastern - no idea how he managed it.
3 months box rest, then 6 walking in hand before we could start walking out under saddle... Then another 12 weeks before he was technically back in full work.
He coped pretty well but he's obviously happy to be out and about again.

Last edited:

blood_magik

Visit site
Thank you :)
I think I'm going to take him to SNEC next weekend - there's a 70 club class he can do and I can jump my two around the bigger classes afterwards.

khalswitz

Visit site
OMG!!! He's looking keen!! So glad to see him out and about again, and with you on top ;)

How are the rest of the gang? I've been so out of the loop lately... Xxx

blood_magik

Visit site
OMG!!! He's looking keen!! So glad to see him out and about again, and with you on top ;)

How are the rest of the gang? I've been so out of the loop lately... Xxx

hey, mrs. how are you holding up?

Keen isn't the word - I got dragged round that course. :p
The others are all good, thanks. Busy trying to get up to scratch for Blair so I'm not thrown in the deep end like last time. Are you going this year? x

khalswitz

Visit site
I'm holding up. It's not great, but equally it could be a lot worse. I'm puppy hunting, which is keeping me occupied ;)

Fabulous! You know what to expect this year though, and the boys do too, so I'm sure you'll be ace. What classes are you entering?

In working the Thirsday and Sunday, but will be down for the Friday and Saturday, so let me know if you're jumping and I'll come watch and cheer!! I'm not taking a stand this year (they wanted way more money) so I have time to actually sightsee... Probably a good thing I don't have an excuse to shop now!!! X

blood_magik

Visit site
aww, a puppy... I'm jealous. :)

I'm jumping the 1.05m with both Friday and Saturday so will hopefully see you.
Beau's already had his hocks done so hopefully we won't have a repeat of last year. ;)

khalswitz

Visit site
aww, a puppy... I'm jealous. :)

I'm jumping the 1.05m with both Friday and Saturday so will hopefully see you.
Beau's already had his hocks done so hopefully we won't have a repeat of last year. ;)

I'm looking forward to it. Agility will have to replace eventing in the meantime ;)

Sounds fab! I will definitely catch you then :) looking forward to it! and fingers crossed that makes a difference to Beau :)