Muck Boot Co

Evie91

Visit site
Wow well done! I used to have a pair years ago. The ones that look like wellies but you could ride in them? Amazing in winter, just single pair of socks and feet kept toastie warm. Lasted for years until I put a fork through them.
Needed large stirrups tho as they were quite bulky.
Sorry no help on what to get now tho!

NellRosk

Visit site
Congrats!! I got a pair about 4 years ago when I worked on a yard, absolute life saver in the winter for keeping my feet warm. They did hurt the arch of my feet a bit (I do have weird feet though) so got memory foam insoles and they are SO comfy now and still going strong! I just got the standard ones, according to their website I don't think they do them anymore but these look good because you could hack out in them too:

http://www.muckbootco.co.uk/product/Colt-Ryder-CRY/WEQUEST

ETA just been on the farm/ agriculture bit of the website and these are the ones most similar to mine:

http://www.muckbootco.co.uk/product/Mens-Hoser-hi-Work-Boot-HSH-000A/WFARAGR

pixie

Visit site
I have the Greta boots. They are perfect for all yard activities. They may feel a bit heavy and clunky at first, but they are super comfy and keep your feet lovely and toasty. The Greta have a good grippy sole, so are quite good for mud/snow/ice - its why I bough them over the ones that are designed for riding in. I have ridden in them, just hacking as they aren't quite sensitive enough for "proper" riding ;)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I've just won a £100 voucher for the Muck Boot Co! Go me! Any recommendations? I've never bought anything from them before - my usual yard boots are Dublins.

This is the link: www.muckbootco.co.uk

Congratulations!

Personally, I would go for the arctic commuter. I find the riding boots and other tall boots far too heavy and clumpy, but I think I could make use of some shorter and very warm waterproof boots. I have had two pairs of the stable boots in the past and find them nice and comfortable, but absolutely hated the riding boots and sold them on eBay after I had worn them just once.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I have had a few pairs of the riding ones, and loved them. I bought my husband some of their wellies two years ago, and they are still going strong. He says they're the best wellies he ever had. The only reason I don't have any at the minute is I found cheaper alternatives. If I had your voucher I would be very pleased.

djedgley

Visit site
I don't wish to burst your bubble but before choosing your Muck boots please read the ad I put on Ebay. I was so cross that, 2 weeks after to the warranty running out, the company would not replace the boots that were supposed to be "all singing, all dancing & the best boots since time began. Sooooo, to get it out of my system, I put the advert on Ebay. I had so much fun with it!! I had over 500 views & countless emails. I never expected to sell them - in fact my sister purchased them as she felt sorry for me :) I for one, will never buy another pair, but you have a pair for free so go for it!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261627718558?ssPageName=STRK:MESDIX:IT

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I don't wish to burst your bubble but before choosing your Muck boots please read the ad I put on Ebay. I was so cross that, 2 weeks after to the warranty running out, the company would not replace the boots that were supposed to be "all singing, all dancing & the best boots since time began. Sooooo, to get it out of my system, I put the advert on Ebay. I had so much fun with it!! I had over 500 views & countless emails. I never expected to sell them - in fact my sister purchased them as she felt sorry for me :) I for one, will never buy another pair, but you have a pair for free so go for it!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261627718558?ssPageName=STRK:MESDIX:IT

That's brilliant! :D

NativePonyLover

Visit site
I have had a few pairs of the riding ones, and loved them. I bought my husband some of their wellies two years ago, and they are still going strong. He says they're the best wellies he ever had. The only reason I don't have any at the minute is I found cheaper alternatives. If I had your voucher I would be very pleased.

Can I ask what the cheaper alternatives are? I'm debating getting a warmer winter wellington than my current pair - but can't really justify £90 at the moment! PM if you'd rather, as I appreciate this is rather off topic!

Congratulations OP - I'd be thrilled with a £100 voucher :)

teacups

Visit site
We love our Muck Boot Tynes - they are the ones for riding in, now called Colt Ryder I think. They come up big - I have a size smaller than I normally would - and bear in mind when trying them on that you will not need thick socks, however cold it gets! We call them toasty toes - even during those extremely cold winters a few years ago our toes were warm. The only downside of the riding ones is that the soles are designed for riding, i.e. don't have a deep tread. In deep mud you would have less grip.
I bought my mother the Avons - probably also called something else now - which have more of a tread, as she mainly dogwalks in hers.
Ours have lasted really well. You lucky thing, how wonderful to win a voucher like that - enjoy!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Can I ask what the cheaper alternatives are? I'm debating getting a warmer winter wellington than my current pair - but can't really justify £90 at the moment! PM if you'd rather, as I appreciate this is rather off topic!

Congratulations OP - I'd be thrilled with a £100 voucher :)

First pair were HKM but I haven't found any since, current pair are Rydale (Yorkshire clothing company?) wellies, which were bought at Bramham on a rainy dressage day. I think that both were about £25-30.

Merrymoles

Visit site
I had the ryedale ones which were fine but not very grippy and I slid under my horse in a muddy gateway bringing in in the dark last winter.
I've had Muck boots chore for a year now, worn them virtually every day since for horses and dog walking and love them.
I wouldn't ride in them and they are quite heavy but I haven't lost them in our currently dreadful gateway.
Warm, dry feet at all times for the first time in about 40 years!

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Thanks for all the replies, I ended up going with the Colt Ryders, and they are being delivered this afternoon so I will report back on how good/bad they are! If they're rubbish I can always put them on Ebay :) I'm just excited to have won something really - it never happens to me!

teacups

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, I ended up going with the Colt Ryders, and they are being delivered this afternoon so I will report back on how good/bad they are! If they're rubbish I can always put them on Ebay :) I'm just excited to have won something really - it never happens to me!

Very exciting - know what you mean about winning stuff.
Did they arrive, and how are they so far? The Colt Ryder equivalent is what we have - probably not so good for schooling, but very good for hacking. I also walk the dogs in them.
And yes, if you don't like them you can always put them on Ebay!