Muck heap disposal....

liveryblues

Visit site
Can anyone tell me the current legislation for this. I have done some research but can do no more till monday. Do you have to have your muck heap concreted & removed by licenced operators? If you compost at home for fertilizer are you expempt? Also I understand that if you comost at home it is regarded as domestic waste but if it is mixed with anything it is controlled waste & therefore must be removed? Does this mean when mucking stables out & bedding & hay are mixed in it becomes controlled waste? Would be grateful for any input on this.
Cheers xx

montygti

Visit site
As bedding is a natural substance it will rot so mixed with manure it rots down to make good compost. We use wood pellets which i must say are the best thing weve ever used as they rot down so quickley and i can spread on the fields as fertilizer after 3 months on the heap. If you say to the council that you will use it as fertilizer then you will be fine but otherwise they might class it as controlled waste its all in the wording and can be different if your running a business.