Muck trailers

marmalade88

Visit site
Hello everyone,

I need a muck trailer by the yard because I’m sick of walking barrows across to the muck heap, we’re talking 100m from stables and ages from certain parts of the field. Ideally I want a medium sized one I can keep by the stables in the winter for mucking out and empty once a week. There’s a Concrete track to muckheap so towing a car is easiest and ideally a tipper function. In the summer I’ll park it next to the field they’re in and empty the barrow into it after poo picking, again empty once a week or when needed.

Most trailers are metal and I know how corrosive the muck can be sitting there but all the plastic ones are too small and for garden use. Has anyone got any good work around or suggestions please? I’m cost aware but also plan to have for the next however many years so prepared to get the right solution and spend money to make life easier.

cauda equina

Visit site
I've got an Ifor Williams tipping trailer - it works off its own 12v battery and tows behind my Disco
Side are metal and show no signs of rot and it has had 1 new floor. It's about 16 years old
4 years ago the motor for the tipper went. I was quoted roughly £750 to repair; I couldn't afford it at the time so now shovel it out by hand which is no big deal
I have a mini, a 14.2 and a 15 hands and it easily holds 2 weeks worth of droppiongs

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
If you keep a tidy muck heap then a tipping trailer is just making work as they have a higher floor height than non tippers and it will have to be forked up onto the heap anyway.

I have a wooden floored Swaledale trailer for behind a quad bike but the floor has rotted and needs replacing, the metal sides are still sound.

In your position I would look at the indespension trailers and choose the most appropiate size for the amount of muck your animals produce.

tda

Visit site
I have a Kelfri tipping trailer, it's fairly big, I bloomin Love it. I know what you mean rabatsa, but with the quad bike i can reverse up onto the muck pile to tip

cauda equina

Visit site
rabatsa makes a good point - my trailer works for me as I don't have my own muck heap.
Everything goes straight from the trailer to my neighbour's heap which is fairly agricultural and not neat at all but if I needed things to be neat it would all need forking up

Reactions: tda