muckboot co. boots ...reveiws please?

Nickijem

Visit site
Had a pair for a year but the soles didn't have much grip so I slipped over a lot! Otherwise they were warm and snug and I never had cold feet.

nat_1

Visit site
So they wont leak after 2 months and i wont get cold toes? Nor they wont split around ankles after 5 mnths? ( I really hope not)

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
LOVE THEM !!!! On my second pair (current pair has lasted three years), and they are like slippers, so warm ! Totally waterproof too, and I do everything in them. well at the yard, that is.

Hubs bought me a pair of Tyne Riding Boots in an ebay bargain for this winter, and I adore these too. Always change to ride in these now.

HOWEVER, hubs has a pair of the heavier mens wellies, and they are quite hard at the back, and he can get blisters.

Nicnac

Visit site
4 years in with mine - warm, waterproof, comfy but damn slippy in the mud & ice. Million times better than Hunters - mine are gathering dust in the garage still.

JJones

Visit site
I cant believe all the above posters have managed to make theirs last so long! I've had 2 pairs now and both have split at the side, and not only mine, but 3 members of my family, I think they all barely got to a year old or just over it. A shame as they really are THE most comfortable welly ive ever worn. Mind you, i wear mine all day from morning til night as we farm, but even so!

TheFox

Visit site
I've had both the Tynne and Tack both very warm and waterproof. I find the Tack comfier in the heel however, it took me a while to break the Tynne in. As mentioned in other posts they can be very slippy, in ice and mud.

They are a great buy and definitely worth the money :)

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
personally don't like them-they aren't grippy and the last pair wore out in 7 months. I also can't stand that your feet feel all sweaty and ice when you take them off (plus it makes your feet get cold quickly when you change boots).

WelshD

Visit site
I like them

My original pair lasted just under four years but I agree they weren't very grippy - I think they were the Ribble design

The current ones are heavier with a chunky sole and very grippy I don't know what the design is but they are black with orange insides

Both were short wellies - an ideal length

Been pleased with both pairs

nat_1

Visit site
Thanks for info everyone :) mixed reviews then, if they outlast the hunters ill be happy,if not it will be dunlops for the forseeable lol!!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
My first pair split at the heal after six months, I changed them, and the next pair lasted three years. I rode in them all winter too (the riding version) and never found them skiddy in ice.

The only negative is they were too hot unless it was really cold!!

Anything is better than Hunters, they've always been cold, thin things!

charlimouse

Visit site
In the past I have always sworn by them, they have lasted 2 years +, and normally the sole went before they started leaking. However about 4 months ago I got a new pair, and already they have split at the back where the rubber meets the neoprene on both boots. I'm not impressed so Mum is buying me either some Aigles or Le Chameux (sp?) for Christmas!

Bikerchickone

Visit site
I bought my second pair of esk muck boots last winter, the first pair did me almost 5 years, and I never had a problem with grip. If you buy the cheaper ones with the thin soles then maybe they have less grip but the esk boots definitely don't lack grip ever. I paid just under £65 on eBay for my recent pair because I knew exactly what I wanted in what size.

Will never buy anything else ever again, even though I find I adore them in winter and hate them in summer because it's too hot to wear them in a warm wet spell!

Worth every penny though :)

DW Team

Visit site
I have a number of different types of the muck boots from the shoe type, half boot (jodhpur type), three quarter boot which I were the most and the long boot. Which I wear for riding. Depending on the type of sole you go for effects the walking in slippery weather. Because I wear mine so much from on the yard to walking the dog and gardening I walk mine out in about 12 months or so. I love them and find they fit very well around my ample calves. I find them warm and comfortable. I do find the full length ones a little too warm in the summer months though. I would buy them every time over any other boot. Have never had any splits butbthat might be because I have walked e soles out!

Coblover63

Visit site
I like 'em but I kill 'em quick :rolleyes:

I suffer with cold hands and feet from October through to April and Muck boots keep me toasty.If you have the longer legged version, these can be turned down for ease of putting on and off if you have fat calves like me :p In the summer take the insole out as this will help to keep your feet cooler and if they do split and you have to chuck them, remember to keep the insoles because they will help a pair of bog-standard wellies feel a bit warmer for you.

Marydoll

Visit site
I love mine, ive the riding ones and wear them nearly all year, if they get hot in the summer i fold the tops down if im not riding, but lets face it, summer uo here's more like the rainy season anyway :) im on my second pair in about 8 yrs. never found them slippy