Mucker boots?

Lill

Visit site
I swear i only paid £25 or £30 for my pair a year ago where can you buy some for that price now?!
confused.gif

They all seem to be priced at £50+ whats going on?!
confused.gif

Lill

Visit site
Just basic standard pair, have suggested them to OH to wear for fishing as i thought they would be cheaper and better than the £45 fishing wellies he was looking at!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
You'll have to watch what soles they have then because if he's river fishing, the rocks get very slimy and the original wavy ridges sole muckers would be almost lethal on them! Because I do go fishing a bit, I would far rather use wellies for grip, they also stop the midges climbing up your legs and you can go into the water further!
If he doesn't mind getting his feet wet, I know someone who uses canvas hockey boots (like baseball boots) and they have very good grip and aren't that dear.

Lill

Visit site
Usually goes carp or pike fishing to lakes? Would they be ok for that?

Have found mine to be waterproof almost up to my knees! I was certainly walking through muddy puddles that deep in them last year with dry feet!

poops

Visit site
Maybe the quality is better now. I bought cheaper ones for yard jobs about three years ago and they did not last long, wasnt impressed. Hopefully they are more hard wearing now

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Sorry, must apologise, put it down to Monday morning disease - I thought you were talking about the little ankle length muckers, not those lovely ones you can ride in too made of neoprene!
blush.gif

I'll get my coat!...................................
blush.gif
ooo.gif
(why don't they have a 'dense looking' smiley on here?!

Those boots, would be fine I think - and warm too which is always a bonus!
smile.gif

Lill

Visit site
Haha no those old ankle muckers leaked anyway! Ye neoprene ones - very warm which is why i thought they would be far better than wellies!!
grin.gif

Mine are year old wore them all last winter and they are fine no wear and tear visible really they are not genuine muckers but a cheaper make only i can't remember what unfortunately.

Still can't find any cheaper than £50 though
confused.gif