Mud Already Getting Me Down!!

horsesfornow

Visit site
My farm & fields are a mud bath already.

I have too many horses her on the fields and can’t sell as the market is very slow but also some of the horses can’t be ridden etc.

My home is getting me down with the mud not the horses as I love them lots and don’t want to part with them. A lot of the horses I brought from markets and dealers where these horses had health problems which have cost me lots with vets.

Don’t get me wrong all my horses are fed, watered, rugged well but it’s the mud in the fields, already the fields are half mud and half grass… It looks a eye sore!!!

Next I will have the RSPCA out….

What should I do???

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Oh dear, I know how you feel. Though I only have one too many for my land. I have recently moved from lovely free draining sandy land, 5 stables and a sand school (of sorts). I now have double the land but its clay, no arena or stables (at least until xmas). My one bonus is my new house has a boot room, then a utility room before you get into the house so the mud can be shut out. With the old house you went straight in the back door into the kitchen. Thre is something not quite right having as much straw on the kitchen floor as a stable.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thre is something not quite right having as much straw on the kitchen floor as a stable.

You mean it's not meant to look like that!! :rolleyes::D

Just had my car valeted... It was one of those 'in the office car park' things; they took one look at my Disco and said "We'll have to take that to the depot!".

Oops.

horsesfornow

Visit site
My fields are clay so as soon as you get some rain and horses in the fields the grass just gone.

Are there any laws about keeping horses in muddy fields?

coss

Visit site
i'm on clay fields too - 16acres between 2 horses doesn't seem to be enough... gateway is rubbish and water everywhere :( the joys of winter... its the time i actually think snow is better.. but after snow you always get a lot of mud so still no win...

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
i'm on clay fields too - 16acres between 2 horses doesn't seem to be enough... gateway is rubbish and water everywhere :( the joys of winter... its the time i actually think snow is better.. but after snow you always get a lot of mud so still no win...

Know just how you feel. We have 20 acres, tons of grass and three horses, yet we can't get them out in winter due to the mud. Our old 12h pony used to have to swim to the gate! The lab loves it though. We have a 15x30 harddcore paddock that they spend winter in. I long for snow, so they can go out in the big field.

Who said a straw lined kitchen isn't normal??? I won't believe it. As for valeting the disco, they would probably blow it up if they saw ours! Its got deep litter footwells.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Astro turf would work, or under field heating like they have at football grounds. If I win the lottery I'm having an Eden project roof put across out valley like a giant brolly!

Jango

Visit site
I went to get my boy in yesterday and he had thick slimy mud coating his legs up past his hocks and every inch of the rest of him was covered from rolling!! One girl on the yard said 'if I had to brush that i'd cry!!' go away winter!

Enfys

Visit site
I went to get my boy in yesterday and he had thick slimy mud coating his legs up past his hocks and every inch of the rest of him was covered from rolling!! One girl on the yard said 'if I had to brush that i'd cry!!' go away winter!

Hose pipe! All over. Depressing.

I'd be tempting fate if I said anything about mud and fields.
Taken yesterday
005.jpg