mud fever

Annette4

Visit site
So thanks to the wonderful weather, my youngster has mud fever :-( going to wash and treat her legs tomorrow but what camp do people sit in with washing/not.washing legs and treatment?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Wash, allow to dry properly, smother in pig oil and sulphur, don't wash again!

This weather is driving me nuts. :( It's like Bladerunner or Seven with constant rain: it wears away at your nerves and will send you mental eventually!

SKY

Visit site
be carefull, mine took a massive allergic reaction to it and i patched test him and he was fine, but when i applied the rest he came out on lumps all over and itched like mad, vet had to injet him and i had to wash all off a few times. i hibi scrub, then make a up a mixture of sudcream, tratree oil few drops and baby oil and rub on every day till scabs are all gone, then just wash and rub baby oil on for protection it doesnt come back. be carefull in sun not to applie baby oil as will attract sun and bad sunburn. good luck its a night mare.

treacle_beastie

Visit site
I used nizarol shampoo, then plastered in barrier hoof to heel ointment which softens the scabs, then each day wiped off with anti bacterial wipes and reapplied. It all went but I have one tiny area that won't go but is getting smaller by combining above technique one day, msm cream next and nothing the next. I think I'm winning!