Mud rash (the stubborn sort!)

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Having always managed to cure the above many times in the past I was puzzled when I couldn't fix a gelding we own. He has had it on one leg for over a year despite umpteen attempts to fix it, I used cream under clingfim to remove the scabs, tried most things you could buy over the counter, three different creams from my vet, two lots of antibiotics and the damn thing still wouldn't go. It would improve a bit then return including making that leg swell.
I recalled seeing someone recommend aromaheel so two weeks ago ordered a pot.
It is working exactly as on their website, first all the scabs drop off, then it goes bright red, then a healthy pink and new skin appears. The leg has stopped being swollen and cross your fingers, I think it's going to work!
I hope this doesn't count as advertising because there is no connection with the makers' but what a smashing product.
I've ordered more plus some skin cream they also advise as it's on offer at the moment.
After this year's awful weather I can't be the only person struggling with a stubborn case, and this might just work for you too...
grin.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
Oh thanks for that, I too have a 20 year old mare that I have tried everything with to get rid of it.
Had vet out yesterday and another course of antib's (10 days this time) antib jab and now started on some Betamethasone Valerate (Betnovate) cream, If that doesnt work will give the Aromaheel a try, have tried everything else!

I, like you usually can get rid by the usual methods quite quickly but this one just refuses to budge!
smile.gif

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
do a liver de tox. if getting scabby when no mud it will be photo sensitive reaction due to over loading the liver! (picking in the hedges is the most common culprit) get your vet to make you up a tub of aqueaous cream with anti biotics abd steroid in it! works reaaly well!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Already done that ofcourseyou can, my vet makes up that cream it's bright blue..
He has also been on the feed supplement for mud rash too.
The problem here was it was deep within the tissues, and none of the usual treatments worked. Even the skin scrape to ensure we knew what we were treating for didn't reveal anything other than that.
Aromaheel may not work for everyone but as a last resort, I'm really thrilled with the results so far.