Mud spray

holeymoley

Visit site
I’m not sure if I’m imagining this but I’m sure there’s a product out there that you spray on to clean legs and it sort of repels/prevents the mud from sticking to the leg. Or if it does stick it brushes off easily. Does anyone know what it is? For some reason I think it may be a brown label. Or I could be dreaming!

PurBee

Visit site
Just as a caution...if you try any ‘mud away’ product test it first. I stupidly forgot and sprayed my mares body after a good groom as shes prone to rolling in the wettest mud pit she can find in a field. The spray caused her to show hives within 2 hrs all over her body lasting 2 days.
Im not sure what ingredient caused it as with animal products labelling laws are more relaxed and rarely fully listed.

dogatemysalad

Visit site
I like the product but essentially it's just pig oil with fragrance added. It's cheaper to put splash some pig oil or baby oil on your hands and apply that way. Our fields get muddy in winter, so I reapply on clean legs every 3rd day.

holeymoley

Visit site
Thanks guys, lots of responses! It would seem that it is 7 day mud away I was thinking of. Interesting to hear about the pig oil, perhaps better buying that.

PurBee

Visit site
Thanks guys, lots of responses! It would seem that it is 7 day mud away I was thinking of. Interesting to hear about the pig oil, perhaps better buying that.

thats the one i used which caused hives in my mare, nettex 7 day mud away, so test patch first, my gelding didnt react....who normally gets hives by just mentioning the word!

Silver Clouds

Visit site
..... for a brief tired moment I wondered who on earth would want to buy mud to spray on ?.
You can buy this- it's for city-dwelling 4x4 owners to use to make it look like they actually use their car off-road. I thought it was a joke when a mechanic first told me about it, but it does actually exist :oops: Since being told about it I have spotted a couple of very shiny range rovers in central London with suspiciously symmetrical and artistic sprays of mud down the sides...

bouncing_ball

Visit site
My horse is allergic to all mineral oil - so no baby oil / pig oil / refined human massage oil / liquid paraffin / petroleum/ Vaseline / or similar.

Silicon based creams / gels / sprays work for us. Currently using Show Sheen or Gold Label Leg Guard.

AFB

Visit site
I’ve used pig oil and seven day mud away. The latter is superior to pig oil in the sense that it does work for 7 days, pig oil doesn’t

Currently torn over which one to buy - Nettex is 3x more expensive that Pig Oil, does it last 3x longer?

Squeak

Visit site
I've used Nettex and baby oil and the nettex was significantly better. I only had the small bottle and it lasted ages.

Cowpony

Visit site
I use mane and tail spray on knees, hocks and neck. It's probably more expensive than the various suggestions above, but if you need something quickly it works well

Visit site
You can buy this- it's for city-dwelling 4x4 owners to use to make it look like they actually use their car off-road. I thought it was a joke when a mechanic first told me about it, but it does actually exist :oops: Since being told about it I have spotted a couple of very shiny range rovers in central London with suspiciously symmetrical and artistic sprays of mud down the sides...

Nooooooo, ?. It is obviously the gift for the rich person who has everything ?

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Thomas Pettifer's Leg Shield is good. It is more like a gel and it is gentle on my sensitive mare's legs.

Thanks I’ve been wondering about this one. How long does a pot last? I’m thinking to apply every day to lower legs to keep clean to put hoof boots on for riding.