Muddy Buddy - who's tried it?

Petalpoos

Visit site
My horse has a patch of mud fever and, googling 'what to do' I came across the Muddy Buddy products. Has anyone on here tried it and, if so, do you have to buy the powder and the cream or can you use just the cream if the horse is not too touchy about the sore bit being touched?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Smudge1992

Visit site
It works well with the Muddy Buddy scrub - as long as the mud fevers not got entrenched. Good if you catch it early and as a preventative measure so should work well in your case.

dixie

Visit site
I've found the best thing is Udder Cream - cheaper too.

I've had a new horse for 6 weeks now and he came with mud fever. Nothing was improving it (I bought Muddy Buddy but just end with a gooey mess) until I was told about Udder Cream - within 2 days there is a marked improvement and less than 5 days later its nearly all cleared up.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Dixie that must of been the barrier cream. The Kure powder or cream is for treating mud fever and is bloody fab stuff. It is also the best iv used.
I won't use udder cream as some are not breathable so in my mind you are coursing a problem on the horses leg. I'm lucky now I don't get mud fever since putting all horses on equimins advance complete vits/mins. I think fighting it from the inside like most things is the way to go

tessybear

Visit site
We use pig oil and sulpher on our mare, keeps the mud off her legs and the sulpher clears up any scabs she hassnt had mud fever so not sure what it would be like with that :) quite cheap aswell

Petalpoos

Visit site
Update - I bought the Muddy Buddy Magic Mud Kure Cream and have been using it for about about 10 days and it is really good! After about 5 days the scabs all just came off (with a bit of picking) and with no bleeding. I did not need to wash and hibiscrub and dry etc etc, just rubbed the cream in twice a day over the top of the scabs. I also kept her out of the mud in a woodchip paddock, so that probably helped a lot, but I am not sure it would have cleared up so fast without the cream. All the signs have just about gone and she has nice pink new skin where there had been scabs and a couple of deepish cracks above her heels. I will have used up the whole tub in another couple of days, so it lasted for about 10-12 days of twice a day on both of her back pasterns and fetlocks. Well worth the £15!

I have just ordered the Muddy Buddy ointment and will put that on her legs each day before she goes out and report back on how successful that is.

Thanks for all the advice!

Auslander

Visit site
Have you seen this new Hypocare by Horseware looks interesting ive just bought a small one will c how it do's .

Bit of a heads up here! We have one horse with a bit of mud fever on the yard, and his owner used Hypocare on it. Prior to application, his legs were down, and just a bit scabby, but the morning after she used it, his legs were up like balloons. I don't know whats in it that could be allergenic, but it certainly looks like a reaction.

Horsemad12

Visit site
Bit of a heads up here! We have one horse with a bit of mud fever on the yard, and his owner used Hypocare on it. Prior to application, his legs were down, and just a bit scabby, but the morning after she used it, his legs were up like balloons. I don't know whats in it that could be allergenic, but it certainly looks like a reaction.

Interesting, this happened to mine as well!

Victoria25

Visit site
Ive got it but not as good as a big slab of vaseline ... put on and smother, really massage into area for a few mins then leave it ... do again twice a day - scabs will just fall off (ive tried every product in the world) x

budley95

Visit site
I've only used the barrier cream, but even with all the wet weather Bud hasn't had a touch of it all winter and is fields drying out quite nicely now! I always swore by udder cream but he used to still get it a touch. My OH brought it as a joke as its what he calls Bud when he comes in... I wouldn't go back now though! :)