Muddy Marvel

sam72431

Visit site
Muddy marvel de-scab, does it work, i have literally tried everything to get rid of my horses mud fever it was starting to clear up but now it seems to be coming back again, i have left it a few days as it has been dry and I dont want to keep washing it etc and the scabs had all gone but now they seem to be reforming and the trouble is that his legs swell up with it as well, he doesnt like the scabs being picked off he just cant cope, i was clingfilming the legs to soften the scabs but i still cant get them all off!

I have used, baby oil, naf mud ointment, nizoral, sudo cream, hibiscrub, warm salt water and leg wraps and turnout chaps he has also been on antibiotics

I thought it was all working but now it seems to be coming back, I dont want to keep clingfilming the legs as i'm worried thats what is caused the swelling as his legs hadnt swelled before and it has been alot worse.

The legs were all nice and scab free a few days ago, i carried on sudo creaming but then I have left the legs alon the last couple of days to let it dry out and heal.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated!

Mrs Pink

Visit site
I love it, it's the only thing which has worked on mine :)

Have suggested it to a couple of others who stable on my yard and they have had good results too with it :)

IF you have to wash though, I would use medicated shampoo or soap rather than the Hibiscrub, I found this too harsh but that's just my own experience

sam72431

Visit site
Thanks I think I'll give it a go as I really just need to get the scabs off! I dont like hibiscrub either it is much too harsh, I think Ill try the muddy marvel perhaps combined with the nizoral, do you think it is best to keep washing every day even when the skin is nice and pink, that was the stage it was at a few days ago so I stopped but seems to be back!

ChristmasPixie

Visit site
Hi yes I use this on my tb. The stuff i get is in a tub, not sure if they do different types? I put it on about once a week at the mo and he hasn't had any mudfever this winter. It really sorted out the scabs when I used it last year. I only get through about 1 pot a winter as it is really thick and goes a long way, and my boy only has fine hair on his lower legs. I also find it stops him getting any rubs off his overreach boots he is turned out in!

Good luck! :)