Multi Horse Insurance Policy

Needtoretire

Visit site
Does anyone have several horses on a single policy for public liability and accident only vet cover. If so any help or recommendation would be gratefully received.

I have got to the stage now that I only have one horse with its own insurance that is of any use. Two others that maxed their insurance out over the years and are basically uninsurable. One has no insurance whatsoever and the other, who has been with Petplan for 12 years has everything pretty much excluded after an MRI last year. Renewal through for end of March at £145 pcm. I would not send him for surgery as he is too big to survive it. His exclusions are both hind limbs, whole pelvis, neck and head and teeth and both front feet. No mention of his back but seeing as its connected to his neck and pelvis I think we can safely say they would refuse any claim. The one that has not been insured for years has needed extensive vet attention and the problems would not have been covered even if he was insured. I just put what would have been the premiums in a savings account and then topped up the extra cost.

Over the years I have had excellent service from KBIS, NFU, Petplan and SEIS and not regretted insuring my horses but it is not tenable any more.

I will leave the insured one as it is, but would like to put the two crocks onto a policy that would give them third party cover for when they are out hacking etc and basic accident vet cover. Is there such a thing, does anyone else insure their horses under this type of set up and has it proved sensible.

Thanks.

Jambarissa

Visit site
Harry Hall? It's 3rd party liability and accidental external injury which sounds like what you are looking for.

Bhs gold just for 3rd party - you being gold covers all horses you own and ride and handle

HopOnTrot

Visit site
Most places I spoke to only cover three plus.

I would speak to a broker such as Julie Andrews as they can probably sort a custom cover.

maya2008

Visit site
Harry Hall cover 2 on their policy.
I believe there was an issue with that or a similar policy that if you OWN more than the number stated on the policy, even if they are insured elsewhere, it makes your group insurance invalid. Check the small print!