Multiple BD horse records

Kylara

Visit site
QUESTION
A friend/client of mine is currently buying a horse (schoolmaster) and has asked me to look up her record on BD because she did a bit of affiliated para a couple of years ago. (double checking level and that no points)

Weirdly, I found two horses with name of horse (one is simply the name and the other is name II). I snooped and both seem to be the same horse. Any ideas as to why? The name only record has all the para results and the II has non para results (Quest tests I think).

A little worried about when she finally gets horse and wants to compete that there may be some difficulty in registering the horse as it seems to have two records! (But seriously minimal points!)

Thoughts please :D

Kikke

Visit site
Are you sure it is the same horse.
My horse passport name is Vixen but that was taken at BD so her registered BD is Vixen II same goes for her BS record.

Kylara

Visit site
Yup. Have known the horse some years and know who competed her para (non numeral record) and the people competing her very low level (II record). Very odd as I would have expected the results to be all on one record...

Harry44

Visit site
Yes could be different horses with the same passport name, is the same rider showing? You could ring BD to check as apparently they're having a few problems with the database that shows on the website so could just be showing up wrong.

be positive

Visit site
Was it downgraded for the para rider to start again, no idea how BD works but BE have both records for downgraded horses.

ihatework

Visit site
It's possible the horse had a break from competing for a while. When it was registered for the second time it was given a new registration rather than the original one.

I have two rider records under my name for this reason and the woefully inadequate BD IT system is unable to merge the results

Kylara

Visit site
Para was pre the recent people competing her. I'm a bit confused to be honest, not my horse and friend not in full ownership yet but looking to do unaff dressage as thought would be out of aff lower levels due to para until I told her para points don't go to the horse so said I'd check. Now found this weird double record. To be honest I suspect it might even have a third record under a different name as horse only seems to have 4 prelim points, is 12 and is trained up to at least medium I think...

Suziq77

Visit site
One of my horses has two records - one from when I first registered him as an associate (free) to see how he got on, and one for his full registration as he turned out to be rather talented! God knows why BD didn't just upgrade his original record as his number stayed the same just removed the "A" at the end, but their website is ancient and whenever I ring with queries they say it's fine on their systems it's just the website that has issues!