Multiple dog families.

_GG_

Visit site
I have four. 2 Border Collies, a Jack Russell and Lab x Rottie. They all get along 99% of the time, but if the JRT gets over excited, one of the collies will pin him to bring him into line. No teeth or even mouth, just uses his front legs and it happens maybe once or twice a year.

They love to be together and we love having multiple dogs...actually makes our life easier for the most part than it was just having one :)

Imogen Rose

Visit site
3 Labs, 2 black boys and a yellow bitch. They adore each other, and sleep in a big pile of dogs. Having more than 1 isn't necessarily harder- they entertain each other and provide company when your out etc. I would never have one dog alone again.

quirky

Visit site
We are down to 2, know have a GSP and an Italian Greyhound. The GSP's sister was pts at the end of September.
The IG can be quite an annoying to the big dog but she gives him a warning and he goes off. The other GSP was much more tolerant of him. They do curl up and sleep together and are never far from each other on a walk.

{97702}

Visit site
I currently have 4 greyhounds (well, officially 3 greyhounds and one greyhound x whippet) - sadly this will soon become 3, my old girl is not well at all :( I have 3 bitches and a dog - the dog would not tolerate another male in the house,but gets on brilliantly with the girls. Two of the bitches are quite inseparable but also have had the worst fights!

I have always been a multiple dog owner (minimum 2 dogs, maximum 4 dogs) and to be honest I find it no different having a higher number than a lower one? But then I grew up in a house where a dozen dogs was the norm :D

_GG_

Visit site
3 Labs, 2 black boys and a yellow bitch. They adore each other, and sleep in a big pile of dogs. Having more than 1 isn't necessarily harder- they entertain each other and provide company when your out etc. I would never have one dog alone again.

That's what I always say. After getting Hollie as a companion for Stig, all if did was make me wish I had done it sooner as he just became so much happier...and didn't need me all the time, lol

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We have 3, two labs (one of which is only 9 weeks) and a JRT type x breed.
The two labs are best friends, little dog hates the puppy but gets on with the older lab- Im quite sure they will make friends when he gets used to the idea of a new puppy being around!
They all have their own time. Puppy is at work all day with o/h. My lab comes to work in the morning with me and spends the afternoon chilling at home, little dog spends the afternoon out and about with me. Works well :)

deb_l222

Visit site
Currently sparked out on the settee are two girls and one boy, all English springers.

The most I've had together is four and the least is two. I think it would feel a bit weird now with just one dog in the house.

I've always had springers (both working and show bred) but have been owned in the past by a couple of terriers (JRT and a border x Irish).

Any excuse to post pics, so here you go:-

Rufus - 7 years old
EE2D0E53-8CA8-448E-9E77-F81FE0A7B62D.jpg

Button - 9 years old
55FBE1E9-CDB2-4E34-9211-2FD3AA395F7E.jpg

Kiera - 14 years old
DCECBC1B-DAC0-4E9C-8403-7E59D5C24574.jpg

meandmyself

Visit site
Five at the moment! The oldest is almost 15, the youngest is three months or so. They get along really well, especially the two youngest ones who play like crazy things together. I have 1 CKCS, 2 Yorkies, a Pom/JR cross and a JR (the pup).

Chiffy

Visit site
I have always had more than one dog, just two for many years but currently four. I now live alone and think one person with one dog can be a difficult situation. My excuse anyway! I have 2 flatcoated retrievers 7yr old black, 2yr old liver, related to each other. I also have 2 rescues, 14yr old collie cross and 5yr old greyhound/whippet. They are all bitches, get on wonderfully with never a cross word.

keeperscottage

Visit site
I have five dogs, three Springy Springers, one crazy, gorgeous Large Munsterlander, and my adorable little rescue Springer x lab (who is SO small!! Not much bigger than OH's toy poodle - probably a result of her poor start on life). They all get along brilliantly although Molly Springer (the oldest at 9) does try to dominate the other two Springers (sisters), mainly without success! OH has a standard and a toy poodle aged 12 and 14 respectively. Both can be quite snappy with my lovely dogs......but OH let's them get away with murder - he thinks they are so well behaved, but they are far from that!

GinaB

Visit site
I've two that live with me full time. A lab and a lab x rottie. Both bitches. Only had the lab since July so they're still bonding and have their moments of grumpiness. Jess (the mongrel) is in charge.

Until Beastie visits that is, then she is Queen B. The other two have never tried to sort a pecking order or dominate her, they just seem to know she's in charge!

Copperpot

Visit site
We have 5. 2 working lakeland boys, a jrt boy, staffy x boy and the only girl my old dobie. They all get on well. The jrt once picked a fight with the Staffy x and held a grudge when he got put in his place but all is forgiven now.

Luci07

Visit site
4. 3 bitches and 1 henpecked dog. All staffords or Stafford x's in the case of the younger 2. All are rescues and get on well although the youngest is trying to shift the balance of power. Fortunately the oldest at 13 keeps them all in order..

Clodagh

Visit site
We have 3 bitches, an old lurcher, a 7 year old lab and a 10 month old lab. The pup has just started finding her plce in the pecking order, which is fascinating to watch and has been useful for my son (13) to see. Whereas old lurcher was always top dog pup is now trying the boundaries, direct stares when lurcher comes in the room, jumping onto the bed as lurcher has started to get into it. Lurcher has allowed it and just goes to another bed, we have lots, and doesn't walk directly up to pup when pup is staring, although would hve done even a year ago. There hasn't been any growling or bullying, and that will not be allowed, but as much as possible we let them work it out themselves. Middle lab would be bottom of any pecking order you ever devised and sleeps in the cloakroom, it is not worth trying to jolly her up with the others, she is happier out of it.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We have had multiple dogs since I was 12, so a VERY long time. We got 2 yellow Lab litter sisters, took on a black Lab dog who needed to be re-homed and bred a litter, kept a yellow dog and a black bitch.
Since then have had a variety of combinations of bitches, often litter sisters, which received wisdom says is not a good idea but have never had any trouble. We have had more Labs, JRTs and now Rottweilers sisters. The last 'gang' of 7 that we had consisted of 1x Lab, 1x Rottie (rescue), 2xJRT sisters, 1x Border Collie (rescue) and 2x LabxGSD sisters.
I would never have 1 dog on its own again.

tda

Visit site
We have nine, eight working springers and a rottie. A mix of bitches and dogs - they all live in the kitchen :)

Wow, that's a lot of dogs!

We have three Parson Russell Terriers, mum dad and son (castrated). Boys are not really happy together being in the same room any more which I hate, so I usually have one in the car if I go out.

irishdraft

Visit site
2 border collies siblings dog & bitch & sealyham terrier dog the collie bitch & terrier play non stop as did our previous collie bitch with our jrt another who wouldn't have one dog, I tried it when we were down to just the jrt lasted a few months but he was so miserable on his own out we went to get a collie bitch & ended up with her brother as well,a big mistake.lol

HeresHoping

Visit site
I have 9 at the moment, too. Admittedly, one is no longer mine, and hopefully a second will no longer be mine after this weekend, and the two and three others will be leaving in the next few weeks (please God, find me three more buyers, and soon).

Which leaves four. Two black labs - dog and bitch - whose liaison secrete resulted in 6 more labs, five black ones and a goldie; my chocolate coloured coconut retriever, who is almost 12 and finding English winters more and more disagreeable; and we're keeping the gold result of the liaison secrete. He's 7 weeks today, his name is Dhahabu and he's trouble on 4 legs. Gah.

I found the coconut retriever in a cardboard box at the side of the road in the Caribbean. My huge black boy lab I rescued. Well, some may say I rescued the tiny maisonette with no garden in the middle of town. He was big, rude and boisterous but has turned out to be the best dog ever. And my girl lab came to us because her owner couldn't cope. I booked her in to be done as she hadn't been, only to find she was about to come into season and the vet sent her home again with an appointment for three months later. Hahaha. J and I slept in separate beds for 12 days to prevent the inevitable. Only I made a booboo and got carted to hospital with blue flashing lights and it was too late.

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
I currently have 4 due to losing my brown Newfoundland boy in August :(
I have an 11 month old boy French Bulldog, a 3 year old bitch Frenchie, a 4.5 month old bitch Frenchie and a 2 year old male Newfoundland. :)
I`m hoping to add a boy Standard Poodle towards the end of Summer next year as on New Years Day this year I lost my Standard boy who was my soulmate, a dog of a lifetime. :(
Mine all get on fine apart from the odd spat. I couldn`t ever imagine just having one dog on it`s own.

Lipza767

Visit site
I have 10 :) 4 welsh sheep dogs, 3 border collies, 1 husky x collie, 1 Malamute x collie and a Shetland sheepdog. Its crazy at times especially as we live in a small bungalow but they all get on most of the time with the odd scrap between some of the entire boys. We are out competing with them at agility, flyball or cani x most weekends and they all love coming to the yard to help me with the poo picking! I often hack out with 9 of them ( dont dare take the little one) and its like going on my own private hunt.