Multiple dogs in a painting?

RunToEarth

Visit site
Evening!

I’m having our two working retrievers painted, but I just can’t see a configuration in my head - does anyone have any of theirs painted and want to share?

Originally I wanted one standing and one sitting, both looking alert. I’m finding it impossible to get the photos I need, and on top of that I’m worried the sitting will ruin the silhouette of the standing so perhaps I should have two separate shots? Any opinions or thoughts gratefully received.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Evening!

I’m having our two working retrievers painted, but I just can’t see a configuration in my head - does anyone have any of theirs painted and want to share?

Originally I wanted one standing and one sitting, both looking alert. I’m finding it impossible to get the photos I need, and on top of that I’m worried the sitting will ruin the silhouette of the standing so perhaps I should have two separate shots? Any opinions or thoughts gratefully received.

Use multiple shots, don't compose the whole painting in one shot. The artist will do that.
Some artists prefer to take their own pics, if possible?

RunToEarth

Visit site
Yes, she has come out to take photos and is coming to take more one evening (it’s hot, panty weather) but I just can’t picture in my head whether I want them painting as one frame, sitting and standing, or as two almost stand alone images. I originally wanted one standing and one sitting but I can’t imagine how it will look now!

BBP

Visit site
Will send you a pm with link to some a family member has done, see if they give you any inspiration.

JillA

Visit site
I paint and am a member of a FB group of artists. The key IMO really is a pose that is typical of them, whatever you feel brings them to mind. I did one of my two sitting watching TV, something they do a lot. Or typical poses for each amalgamated into a composite - you know them best, suggest what they do most to the artist

deb_l222

Visit site
I have a fabulous Irish water spaniel painting with the dogs in various working poses (for want of a better word).

They’re not my dogs but if I had a pic done of mine I would like it to be something like this. I’ll have a faff and attempt to post a pic.

Watch this space :)

deb_l222

Visit site
Hopefully this has worked. I love this painting and I eventually commissioned the artist to immortalise the horses in oil :)

vTwZW6E.jpg