Music for trot rhythm

paddi22

Visit site
Just looking for some musical advice. I have a very hot 14hh pony at the moment to train, and she has a very forward strong personality, i've never ridden anything like her. She has a very dominant personality and to get her to work well you have to totally control every stride 100% of the time. She was a sulky racer, so her natural trot is 40 mph. So even when i think she's slow, she is still slightly too fast. She's very balanced, so it's not a case of finding her balance, its more a a case of me controlling the rising trot and the rhythm. Dressage trainer recommended listening to music to get myself in the zone with rhythm instead of letting her take over (which she sneakily does when i get sloppy!).

Does anyone have any recommendations for music that suits a trot pace. i do video graphics so i have editing software so i can slow down as necessary to suit. I just have no rhythm or musical skills myself, so was just wondering did anyone have any recommendations for relaxing songs with a good trot rhythm!??

AFB

Visit site
I have a choppy Welsh D and made a pinocchio mix using I've got no strings for the trot/canter and When you wish upon a star for the walk.

Notimetoride

Visit site
Just play video of her trotting on your phone whilst playing various tunes on a laptop/tablet (or whatever). It'll take hours/days and you'll trawl through hundreds of tunes but eventually you'll come up with some

HeyMich

Visit site
I know it's a bit random, but the riding school i went to as a child (30+ yrs ago!) had an old gramophone in the corner of the arena with only one vinyl record, and that was the Christmas song called Little Drummer Boy (Pa rum pum pum pum!) - we used to trot around the arena and cross over in the centre in formation, and I absolutely loved it! Happy horsey memories :)

If I ever need to ride/trot to music I will download a copy - not sure if an old gramophone would be advisable in the middle of an outdoor school in Scotland!

CJoe

Visit site
Ideally to be accurate you need a video of her trotting, or someone else to count your Beats Per Minute........once you have those you can google all tracks with the number of BPM, it isnt what music "suits" it is all BPM relative.

You can download anything from You tube free of charge with converter download and there is lots of singing free music on there.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The best one for F is I love to boogie by T-rex,
but we have also used live and let die, and the 'donkey version' of I'm a believer :D

Roxylola

Visit site
The wheels on the bus is a good one for littlies to sing - I'm a big fan of singing when they start so they aren't holding their breath. Works well with a trot rhythm, and singing it to yourself might be enough to help you keep tabs on the rhythm

ihatework

Visit site
If you search around dressage sites you should be able to find guidance on how to work out your bpm and also lists of songs that will work for your bpm. It might even help to choose something just a fraction slower and play it out loud.