Music & horses

Armas

Visit site
So at the moment my boy is alone till a new companion arrives.
I was thinking of hooking up an old ipod of mine in the stable block to play him some tunes of an evening. Tunes whilst he munches :D

Does any one else play music for there 4 legged friends ? I was thinking of classical music and a bit of the gypsy kings to remind him of his roots lol
Am I nuts ? What would your music selection be ??

JCWHITE

Visit site
Morning Armas, how are you?
My horses have music in their stable area, and the blacksmith is happy while he works too!
We find the local radio suits them just fine, they play a lot of English pop songs from yester years!!
All the best
JC

Armas

Visit site
Morning Armas, how are you?
My horses have music in their stable area, and the blacksmith is happy while he works too!
We find the local radio suits them just fine, they play a lot of English pop songs from yester years!!
All the best
JC

I am very well, rather excited at the moment as this chap is coming to stay for a week or so http://richardchamberlin.co.uk
So Armas is in for a treat :D

Beckie65

Visit site
I have the radio on when i'm mucking, grooming and sometimes when i school, i like it horse seems fine with it, although he does jump out his skin sometimes if a rock anthem comes on with lots of drums at the beginning of the song lol x

Mog&Myms

Visit site
If classical music is proved to be relaxing for people and even supposed to be so for plants, then it MUST be for horses, they are so sensitive.
I think it's a lovely idea :)

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Mine seem to like radio 2. A mix of music and talk. One mare reacted quite violently when I put Vivaldi on for her.
She certainly objected to classical music as she quietened immediately when I put radio 2 on.

I guess horses have their own preferences, just like us. Recall some research being done into music choices for cows during milking some years back.