Musing over insurance question

Bedlam

Visit site
My 3 yr old has a couple of sarcoids that I am getting some Liverpool cream for. With the repeated vet visits this round of treatment is going to be just under £500 which is ironically my excess. Insurance renews in February/March and I will have to declare the sarcoid treatment to renew and from then on such treatment will be excluded. However, if I tell them now I will presumably have 12 months cover so if this round of treatment doesn't clear them or if they come back within 12 months I can claim for further treatment having spent the excess on the first treatment.

Does that make sense?

I'm thinking that even if I'm not claiming now that I should tell them now rather than leaving it until the annual renewal questionnaire so that I get 12 months to treat them if needed?

SuseP

Visit site
Hi,
My concern would be that claim forms include a question to your vet on when the illness/injury first occurred, so if you don't tell them now they may not cover it later anyway? I'm sure someone else will know more though..

Ali27

Visit site
Definitely inform your insurance company now so at least they will cover the sarcoid treatment for twelve months if needed. I would also complete a claim form even if they don't pay any cash as your excess is so high. Any further treatment for sarcoids would be excluded from your renewal date otherwise as they always ask for records from vets.